Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** OVERWATER PROGRESS III DELUXE 6-STRING FRETLESS

bootsy_knights

I am reluctantly selling my OVERWATER PROGRESS III DELUXE 6-STRING FRETLESS.

It is in superb condition with flamed English Ash top, American walnut body, through neck of maple and purple heart construction, unmarked ebony fingerboard extended on the treble side.

I have owned the instrument from new (2005) and I personally visited Chris May to choose the woods and discuss the spec etc.

As you will see from the photos below, this is a fantastic bass. Words and pictures do not do it justice and it should really be viewed and played to appreciate just how superb it is.

All usual Overwater electronics - see website for details if unfamiliar with specs.

It will be supplied with original hardshell case.

List price for these new is now £2,950! I am looking for £1,695 ono, no trades I am afraid as I need the cash to fund the purchase of a double bass.

Will deliver insured by courier in the UK for £20.

Any questions please PM me.

Please note - I am based in London (at TCM) but the bass can be viewed and played in Hull.

For ebay feedback rating please enter username [color=#FF0000]baby.valentine[/color]

Ollie

[attachment=72823:Overwater.JPG]
[attachment=72822:Overwater2.JPG] [attachment=72823:Overwater.JPG] [attachment=72824:Overwater3.JPG][attachment=72826:Overwater5.JPG] [attachment=72825:Overwater4.JPG] [attachment=72827:Overwater6.JPG][attachment=72828:Overwater7.JPG] [attachment=72829:Overwater8.JPG] [attachment=72830:Overwater9.JPG]

Edited by bootsy_knights

[quote name='rmshaw37' post='1136004' date='Feb 21 2011, 07:16 PM']i have the 5 string fretted version - awesome, simply awesome![/quote]

I also have a 6-string fretted (not for sale!) with a birds-eye maple top - absolutely stunning! It is hard to describe just how beautifully crafted these instruments are - Chris & his team have a great set-up in Carlisle.

[quote name='Snarf' post='1140995' date='Feb 25 2011, 11:22 AM']Argh, too many nice basses on here! Damnit, this bass is amazing![/quote]

Totally agree, there's four or five I'd buy immediately if I had the money and this is definitely one of them - lovely looking fretless and great craftmanship if my Overwater is anything to go by.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a steal at this price. A totally awesome instrument at virtually half current list price.

However, I need to sell so I am willing to accept £1,495 + £20 insured courier UK mainland shipping.

No offers.

PayPal + 3.4%

Any questions or to view please PM me (please note bass is in Hull for viewing).

Just read the reviews and other members comments.

• 1 month later...

Back up for sale at £1,495 +£20 shipping

I had a firm buyer but failure to collect for more than a month seems unreasonable to me :)

Any questions/offers please PM me - really need to sell this wonderful bass asap

Ps carlbass - if you're still interested please contact me to collect :)