Why become a member? ×

Help! Marshall 2554 25/50w valve combo &

I've been asked to sell these for my girlfriends grandad, I have no idea of prices though... The Combo is an Anniversary edition, all valve 12" combo, excellent condition made in 1987. The Peavey is a little more used and the reverb has gone, but it sounds fine. Anyone any ideas of prices or who/where to ask?

Cheers,
Ben.

[quote name='ben604' post='129454' date='Jan 28 2008, 05:48 PM']I've been asked to sell these for my girlfriends grandad, I have no idea of prices though... The Combo is an Anniversary edition, all valve 12" combo, excellent condition made in 1987. The Peavey is a little more used and the reverb has gone, but it sounds fine. Anyone any ideas of prices or who/where to ask?

Cheers,
Ben.[/quote]

Hi Ben,

I reckon about £400 to £450 for the Marshall Jubilee combo if it's in Very Good, working, condition.
No idea about the Peavey though.

Jon.

[quote name='jonthebass' post='129469' date='Jan 28 2008, 06:14 PM']Hi Ben,

I reckon about £400 to £450 for the Marshall Jubilee combo if it's in Very Good, working, condition.
No idea about the Peavey though.

Jon.[/quote]

Jesus, that much! I had no idea... I'll offer him £50..! haha

• 4 months later...

I know this was a while ago, however, I've just picked it up for the guitarist in my band to try out and figured I'd throw some pics up on here. See what people think...It's got to be the heaviest single 12" combo ever made..!

As you can see, excellent condition! Grandads seem to be able to do that, keep things safe and clean!

It's a crunch tone thing.
Dry and edgy compared to a smooth older 50w - or even the 800 series 4210.
Not as midrange roaring as the 900 Master Volume version that followed - but plenty of authority.
Build quality way beyond anything since.

Kinda boxy, maybe, in a 1x12 format...
...but will drive an 8ohm 2x12 nicely!
...or put a 1912 cab with it - an older one with the Sidewinder driver - or pack it with an EV, like I do!

Gotta be worth £250-300.