Why become a member? ×

Markbass Sa450

essexbasscat

As it says up front, is anyone interested in trading an American Eden WT400 traveller amp for my Markbass Sa450 ?

I've gone down the Class D amp route and the more I listen to those type of sounds, the more I'm convinced that type of thing is really not for me at the moment or in the near future. Fine amps, but just not my kind of thing.

My Sa450 is in good condition and comes with rack ears.

There's some wriggle room around cash either way or possible trading something or other (such as a rack case) to help with the deal. That said, I'm not looking to give the Sa450 away just to get the Eden...

There was a WT400 around here recently that went for the mid £400 mark and the Sa450's regularly go for around £400 or close, so they're more or less even (ish), perhaps a little more for the Eden.

I'd be willing to travel a distance to do a swap and trial both amps, so hopefully happy bunnies all round :)

Anyone interested ?

Thanks for reading everyone, hope your next gig is a good'n

T

Edited by essexbasscat

Yes, thanks Rowbee, the Sa450 is a great amp.

A small group of us did some A/B'ing at the Anglia Bash earlier this year and found the Markbass amp was the happiest pairing with the Barefaced cab with the available gear there, which backs up your findings.
There was also an American Eden WT400 traveller on hand, which produced the thicker kind of sounds I prefer.

The Sa450 is definately a great amp with a wide tonal range, it's just taken a few bass bashes for me to realise it's not the type of sound that I really like at the moment

It's also just been mentioned to me that the Sa450 is a class A/B amp, not a class D. Thanks for the info.

Cheers

T

Edited by essexbasscat