Why become a member? ×

1990 EBMM Stingray 5 Fretless for sale

Lfalex v1.1

Criminally underused, so it has to go, I'm afraid. I thought about getting a Status Neck (Fretted), but by the time I'd added in the cost of new tuners (for quick swaps!) it'd have cost a fortune to do.
Made in May 1990, parts consistent with this;

1) AlNiCo Magnet pick-up (production changed in 92/93 to Ceramic, and recently back to AlNiCo again)
2) No Phantom coil on these, methinks. Single Coil Mode can react to dimmer switches and Neon lights etc
3) No quick-access battery compartment on models made around this time

Other bits;

Pau Ferro fingerboard
Unlined, but with top-edge dot-markers in the right places.
Usual 3 band EQ (Bass, Mid, Treble)
Coil switching - Series (nearest neck), Single coil, Parallel(nearest bridge)

S'pose you'll be wanting photos, then?

[attachment=71522:P1040340.JPG][attachment=71529:P1040341.JPG][attachment=71526:P1040344.JPG][attach
ment=71527:P1040348.JPG][attachment=71532:P1040343.JPG][attachment=71535:P1040338.JPG]

No cosmetic or structural damage at all. Very little fingerboard wear, both due to lack of use! Currently strung with Roto Rounds (35-105) and tuned CGDAE. Prior to this, has been tuned GDAEB with no issues, in which case, the B string is typical Stingray 5 fare (very good in terms of tension/feel.) I just felt the tenor tuning suited fretless better. I don't have a hard case for it, but will gladly include a decent gig bag.
I am unwilling to post this / send via courier, but will drive a sensible distance to meet up etc.
Anyone closer by is welcome to drop in and try it out/ chew the fat and so on. I'm in central Essex.

Price: [s]£800.[/s] Dropped to £750

Thanks for looking. Any questions? PM me. I'm on here virtually daily and will respond ASAP.

Edited by Lfalex v1.1