Why become a member? ×

Status KingBass Artist Mk1.. ON HOLD

v8bass

Hi ,

[b]NOW ON HOLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

A quick Flump for a price drop ( the only one ) and a few pics as well as a few trade considerations ...

Now at £ 1195 delivered Mainland UK in status hiscox case .

In my uncontrollable and unceasing GAS quest ..This is being offered up for sale .. or maybe a partial trade ..

[attachment=72964:KingBass_001.JPG][attachment=72965:KingBass_002.JPG][attachment=72966:KingBass_003
.JPG][attachment=72968:KingBass_004.JPG] [attachment=72969:KingBass_005.JPG] [attachment=72970:KingBass_006.JPG][attachment=72971:KingBass_007.JPG]

[b][size=4]Status Kingbass Artist [/size][/b]

as per following links ( if they work ) .....

[b]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=52246&hl=status+kingbass+artist[/b]

Hope these are ok with the previous seller .. if not let me know and Ill adjust accordingly ..

Bought from BC s very own Molan last year as huge GAS took hold ...A beautiful bass fully optioned and a slappers delight of course does a great fingerstyle funk tapping ( i cant tap for toffee ) even coaxed a dubby tone from it , not too shabby either ...

huge tonal capability , even with skinny strings , Thru neck , low action , front LED S , Bendwell 16,5 mm spacing ..

It hurts to confess .. I dont get on with it :) not sure why , it sits unloved mainly in the case sometimes goading me in the corner of the room ..one outing in nearly a year is heinous and according to my guitar player buddy who was blinded by the Blue LEDs ... jeez geetarists ...it looked foolish ..and they didnt much like how it sounded either . from my point of view it was set aside as i reached for my Series 2 6 string ( they dont much like that either ) ....zingy bouncy lively ...full of harmonic richness ringing out like a bronze bell sustaining for days its a monster machine ...

Anyhoo .....

Money wise and bottom line .. in BC tradition its £1195 delivered ....trials and test drives .. no problem Im in South Wales , occasionally bristol and the SW and even been known to travel further afield ... Ill be at at least one Bassbash probably more ...

Trade wise Id like as close to £ 650 of your earth pounds plus trade ...hmmm .. well .. as long as its not Fender ( I Know ! ) currently im in the market for a Fretless 6 ..(unlined pref ) although i have one in my sights currently... Wouldnt mind something Ray like ( maple necked ) .. Headless i always llike ....4 , 5, 6 or even more strings no problem .....and i do have a ponchant for bonkers Bass wise ( wishbass hmmm maybe not ) ...Something big and valvey amp wise would also attract my attention too ... You know the sort of thing , Mesa , Ampeg , Trace , heavy unwieldy slighty too much power too much heat .... :)

As per previous threads .. 2 marks on the bass itself one a lacquer crack /dent ding on the top bout , tried to highlight in the pics above , and sometimes the LEDS dont fire up immediately ..i did sort it previously(a spray of contact cleaner on the switch and readjusting the cables ) .. but seems to have come back as i polished it and tested it , maybe a dry joint or a sticky switch again .. ill add again when ive looked into it ..( forgot a pic of leds up but seem to be working on 90 % of the first flick of the switch )

Any Qs that need answering let me know via here and ill get back asap

Cheers and thanks for looking

Gary
v8
Not ManRay !

Edited by v8bass

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='eubassix' post='1115703' date='Feb 4 2011, 06:21 PM']here's the link without needing to cut/paste :-

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=52246&hl=status+kingbass+artist"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...kingbass+artist[/url][/quote]

Thanks David ... my brain went duhh on how to link ...

And .....Flump .... for a one and only price drop .. and a few pics

Gary
v8