Why become a member? ×

Record for not changing strings

ZMech

[quote name='Zach' post='1115542' date='Feb 4 2011, 04:21 PM']Just realised that i've had the same set of la bella flats on my bass for two years now. I still like the sound, so don't really see the point in changing them, but part of me just feels i should do.

So I was wondering who on basschat holds the record for longest time without changing the strings on their main bass. Anyone over the decade mark?[/quote]

compared to some of the stuff that's on this thread they're [i]practically brand new [/i]- probably got another 30-40 years in them yet :) :) :lol:

who's gonna be the first to use the phrase "[i]I've got strings older than you[/i]"??

:D :P :lol:

Edited by TheGreek

[quote name='TheGreek' post='1125812' date='Feb 13 2011, 11:33 AM']compared to some of the stuff that's on this thread they're [i]practically brand new [/i]- probably got another 30-40 years in them yet :) :) :lol:

who's gonna be the first to use the phrase "[i]I've got strings older than you[/i]"??

:D :P :lol:[/quote]

Yup, this thread has made me feel much better about not changing them :lol: There've already been strings mentioned that're older than me, considering i'm only 21.