Why become a member? ×

Any Help would be great.

The Rep

I am 67 years young and have decided to give the bass guitar a try, so I have bought one on ebay and I have very little info. It is a Gould, the fret board is 25 inches and has 24 frets. I have included some pictures, can anyone tell me the model? It has three controls, the top part of the centre double control is missing, can I get this anywhere? and any technical info would be good. One of the pickups has active writen on it.
Cheers The Rep

I can`t help you with any info regarding the model but that centre knob looks like it may have been a stacked pot, meaning for example that the bottom half controls the bass and the top half the bass. Or it could be some active/passive switch.

Sorry for the lack of info but someone far more knowlageable than me should be along shortly :)

Jez

They were distributed by Barnes & Mullins, whose website appears to be down just now. I'm guessing that the neck pickup is passive & the dodgy pot is a blend between the active & passive pickup.
If you lift the rear access plate over the pots is there two stacks on the middle pot rather than the normal one; & presumably a connector for a 9v battery or two?