Why become a member? ×

Westone Thunder 1A

razze06

I've decided to sell my westone thunder 1A.

It's one of the earlier ones, with the p-style split coil pickup. I seem to recall it's a 1983 vintage, but I can find out for sure.
Body has been stripped and refinished in natural by the previous owner. Headstock survived in original black.
All original hardware as far as I can tell, down to the thin switches and brass knobs. It even has a non-original brass pickup mask which I will include in the sale but is not actually bolted on (previous owner again). Active 18v circuit with a single boost knob. Active/passive switch. Lovely tone, and quite versatile.

I have used it extensively for practicing and gigging up until a year ago. Pics prove it, but I can take closeups of the bass if you want me to. apologies for the face, can't refinish that...

I'm thinking £130 + shipping, what do you think?

[attachment=70981:Clipboard01.jpg]
[attachment=70982:Clipboard02.jpg]

Edited by razze06

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='1118752' date='Feb 7 2011, 11:56 AM']Great basses - still use mine for practice. First digit of serial number on back of headstock will tell you the year it was made.[/quote]

I agree, i'll soon be looking for a slightly different version of this.
When I posted the topic I didn't have the bass handy, only the pic. It's a 1984 vintage.

[quote name='Paul S' post='1118837' date='Feb 7 2011, 01:01 PM']+1 - huge fan here. The only thing lead about these is the weight - heavy things - but they are monster sounding basses and superbly built - difficult to know of better value for money IMO.[/quote]

I certainly agree on both counts. Heavy weighting and sounding, even though the active pre allows for some pretty interesting combinations.

Actually, I'll come clean: I want to sell this to get a similar one, but in natural finish with the skunk stripes and all...

• 1 month later...