Why become a member? ×

No longer available

clauster

I've dithered for ages about selling this bass. It is a great bass and for 3 1/2 years was my main playing/rehearsal/gigging bass.

In my current project my Precision gives me more of the sound needed and beyond the occasional quick play when I give it a wax and polish it's just lived in its gigbag for the last 10 months and I've felt that I should offer it up to a good home where it will get the playing it deserves. The final push came last night when guitard turned up to rehearsal with a 100 Marshall half stack and rendered my Ashdown EB inaudible, so I need to free up funds for a new amp.

Anyway, enough preamble. As the title says, it's a proper German made Warwick Corvette Standard, Ash body with passive p/ups and eq. Made and purchased in 2006. Although Warwick have a reputation for making heavy basses this is pretty light in my book and tips the scale at approx 3.6Kg (8lb in old money).

Some pics -

Full length-

Front of body -

Back of body -

There's the usual playing wear above the pickups and one small shallow scratch at the fifth fret on the side of the fingerboard. I tried to get a pic of the scratch, but it's too shallow to show up on my camera.

It's fitted with a JAN III (not glued yet) and I still have the JAN II (intact, the side bits [b]haven't [/b]snapped off this one)-

It also comes with the Warwick Owners Folder -

and Rockbag -

and because I'm so retentive, tags (both bass and bag), strap locks, and a brand new unused tin of wax (there's and almost finished one in the Owners Folder) and brand new Warwick polishin cloth (again, there's a well used one in the folder) -

As I said, for three and a half years this was my main bass and it got taken everywhere in the Rockbag, usually slung over one shoulder. Unfortunately this has resulted in a couple of stress tears in the outer fabric of the bag. It doesn't affect the integrity of the bag -

If anybody wants anymore pics, just let me know and I'llask Mrs Clauster to take them with her (much better) camera.

Now, the important bit - The price: I'd rather it was collected and for this I'd let it go at £330.00. I'm in Tunbridge Wells and happy to travel upto about 20 miles to do a deal. If you're happy to buy unseen and want me to courrier it then £350.00. If you want to arrange your own courrier, fine, let me know how you want it packed and we can have a haggle.

I've put for a straight sale, but would consider a trade for An Ashdown ABM (either head or combo) but only if we can do the deal in person.

Any questions?

Edited by clauster

[quote name='camel_landy' post='1112971' date='Feb 2 2011, 08:41 PM']If it was a fretless, I would have ripped your arm off...[/quote]

Then just rip the frets out! :)

But seriously its a cracking bass at a great price. Lots of potential too by adding active preamps/pups etc.