Why become a member? ×

ACG Finn Single cut for Trade

MartyBRebelMC

[attachment=71170:ACG_Finn_13.jpg][attachment=71168:ACG_Finn_12.jpg][attachment=71167:ACG_Finn_11.jp
g][attachment=71166:ACG_Finn_10.jpg][attachment=71164:ACG_Finn_9.jpg][attachment=71163:ACG_Finn_8.jp
g
][attachment=71162:ACG_Finn_7.jpg][attachment=71161:ACG_Finn_6.jpg][attachment=71159:ACG_Finn_5.jpg]
[
attachment=71158:ACG_Finn_4.jpg][attachment=71155:ACG_Finn_3.jpg][attachment=71157:ACG_Finn_2.jpg][a
t
tachment=71156:ACG_Finn_1.jpg]
Despite my best efforts with a 4 string a fear I'm going to have to get another 5 string. Hence i am offering this ACG Finn up for trade - if you have a 5 (or indeed 6) string fretted bass you are interested in trading for this let me know.

This bass is on the ACG website gallery page (it's number 037) and lists the spec there, breifly though it has 2 humbuckers and an ACG/East 18v preamp. I will take some decent pics at the weekend and type up a full spec of the woods used.

Comes with fitted Hiscox case

Cheers

Martin

Edited by MartyBRebelMC

[quote name='lettsguitars' post='1112245' date='Feb 2 2011, 12:34 PM']nice. the strings look super low, are they? how does it play?[/quote]

I'd say the action is about medium (i'll have a go at measuring it tonight), I tend to be quite heavy handed when playing so i can't have it too low!

The neck has a slighty asymetric profile which is very comfortable - probably slightly thinner than a Precision but bigger than a Jazz.

This bass is heavy as it uses some fairly dense wood - stripy ebony/sycamore/wenge/sycamore/ stripy ebony
- never found it a problem as it is very well balanced - but i know a lot of people on here do find it a concern...I think it's around 10.5 lbs

'tis a thing os beauty though!

[url="http://www.acguitars.co.uk/Gallery/178/"]http://www.acguitars.co.uk/Gallery/178/[/url]

Ah, another stonker of an ACG; I'm thinking this won't hang about for long.
Oddly enough(but of absolutely no use to you Martin), I've toyed with the idea of trading my Harlot 5...but alas, only for another top-quality 5-string(if you came across a Status or Sad 5 and wanted an ACG 5.... :) )
One word of comfort for those who initially imagine an ACG to be weighty: in my experience only , if they are(and my own is no heavier than my previous bass), then it would seem to be only by a pound or so. More importantly, they balance so extremely well when in playing position either on the knee or standing, that weight has never been an issue. I suffer with occasional back issues, and I can safely say that my Les Paul copy gives me more jip than an ACG..and I can safely play the ACG for a 2 hour set, no worries.
G'wan g'wan g'wan

[quote name='zigmondo' post='1113124' date='Feb 2 2011, 10:24 PM']Ah, another stonker of an ACG; I'm thinking this won't hang about for long.
Oddly enough(but of absolutely no use to you Martin), I've toyed with the idea of trading my Harlot 5...but alas, only for another top-quality 5-string(if you came across a Status or Sad 5 and wanted an ACG 5.... :) )
One word of comfort for those who initially imagine an ACG to be weighty: in my experience only , if they are(and my own is no heavier than my previous bass), then it would seem to be only by a pound or so. More importantly, they balance so extremely well when in playing position either on the knee or standing, that weight has never been an issue. I suffer with occasional back issues, and I can safely say that my Les Paul copy gives me more jip than an ACG..and I can safely play the ACG for a 2 hour set, no worries.
G'wan g'wan g'wan[/quote]
+1 on that, I also have a dodgy back and the balance on these is superb and mine give me no probs, they just "hang right", very comfortable to play.

thanks for the comments guys, yes the weight thing often comes up but as you both say they are well balanced and with a wide strap I never find them uncomfortable.

May have a possible trade on this over the weekend so will see what happens.

I will be sorry to see it go as it is a very striking choice of woods and the ebony bound flame sycamore neck......mmmm, my other ACG is lovely but not nearly as pretty.

Cheers

Martin

[quote name='MartyBRebelMC' post='1113431' date='Feb 3 2011, 08:19 AM']I will be sorry to see it go as it is a very striking choice of woods and the ebony bound flame sycamore neck.[/quote]

I got this (and the first one with the same woods) made purely because of the cosmetics, which is why it looks so awesome, I've noticed a few people have copied the combination since too.

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='1113493' date='Feb 3 2011, 09:31 AM']I got this (and the first one with the same woods) made purely because of the cosmetics, which is why it looks so awesome, I've noticed a few people have copied the combination since too.[/quote]

You did a very fine job spec'ing this bass!