Why become a member? ×

SWR Goliath Sr 610 cab **SOLD**

peteb

I am reluctantly moving on SWR Goliath Snr 6x10 bass cab (1000w @ 4 ohm). It seen a fair bit of gigging action in it’s time, but is still in pretty good condition and more to the point still sounds great, powerful with plenty of punch!

The speakers are still in great condition, so need for re-coning, etc for a long time yet. The last time I used this cab was with a blues rock band on a big stage at the Dundee Blues Festival last year, where I got loads of compliments about what a great sound I had!

I know that that this type of gear these days sometimes gets overlooked in favour of new lightweight gear but this is still a way of getting a great onstage sound for a very reasonable cost. It is probably a bit lighter than you might think (due to its neo speakers) and will fit in most hatches – I can fit this cab, a 4u rack and two basses into the back of my Celica coupe easily enough!

This has got to be one of the best sounding cabs that I have ever played thru and at £320 is very good value…….

Due to size, etc I would prefer the buyer to pick up if at all possible (I’m based in Bradford)

Cheers – Pete

Edited by peteb

JTUK & Eddie are right – Goliaths are great cabs and if I had a more sensible car I’m sure that I wouldn’t be selling and still gigging this cab now!

I hope that I haven’t misled any one about the speakers! I was told that this cab used special lightweight speakers and I understood this to mean that they were neos (it is not that much heavier than the two Goliath 410s that I have owned). At the time I knew nothing about the difference between ceramics and neo speakers.

The speakers are definitely the originals and it makes sense if they are ceramics as I do prefer the sound now that I am aware of the difference.

Anyway, it's a great cab whatever the speakers are and I am sure that it will do great service for Justin…..

Edited by peteb

If the speakers are PAS originals, then this makes this cab deal even better IMO.
You don't buy this type of cab for the lightweight...and if you can live with it all, then you have some Potential rig. :)

As I said, I would have loved to have this but with my current car, it is not an option.

Good luck with the sale... quietly envious.

Coupled with the SM900 on here a few months ago.... this would have been a an awesome rig for so little money.