Why become a member? ×

Mazeti 5 string

Owen

This is one of the ones that came up regularly on Ebay about 4 years ago. I bought it on a complete punt and loved it. I then put a pair of EMG 45 TW pickups in it which did not work. By the time I discovered that they did not work it was a bit late because I had routed it for them. I then put a pair of Vilex custom wound big fat P soapbars into it. It now speaks with a voice of authority. The controls are Vol/Vol/Villex mid thing/Tone. The Villex mid thing is this if you are not familiar with it - 'All Villex pickups come with a built in mid-tone circuit and an external pot which allows to gradually change the sound character from vintage to slap. It's like having several pickups instead of one!' It is entirely passive.

At the moment it has a Piezo bridge loaded onto it. It is my intention to take it off and load it on to another bass, but if you want it then I will leave it on for another £50. It needs a pre-amp for the piezos. The piezo has a separate jack socket on the side, so there are 2 jacks on it at the moment. I would leave the side jack in, but it would not be connected to anything. I honestly cannot remember what the body is I'm afraid

[attachment=70424:IMG_0865.JPG]

[attachment=70425:IMG_0866.JPG]

[attachment=70426:IMG_0867.JPG]

[attachment=70427:IMG_0868.jpg]

It is really nice with a B that speaks as easily as the rest of the bass.

If it is so good, why am I selling? I have too many basses and I am going to put three or four up. I have more than I need and that is silly.

Edited by owen

[quote name='k-sad' post='1108686' date='Jan 30 2011, 09:12 PM']Looks nice for the money...
How is the neck (looks rather "jazz" than "p")[/quote]

I guess more Jazz, yes. Spacing is MM5 esque. I would keep it quite happily, and if it does not shift I will not be sad. However I actually have too many instruments which serve the same purpose.

• 3 weeks later...