Why become a member? ×

Small Blender Pedal

PauBass

[quote name='PauBass' post='1105894' date='Jan 28 2011, 09:16 AM']I know there's been a thread already about the smallest blender pedals on the market but I can't find it :)

Anyway, I'm looking for a small blender pedal, something that's not going to take much space on my board.[/quote]

I guess it depends what you mean by "small"? :)

The problem with blenders is that they require 4 jack sockets + the power supply socket. I never tried but it [i]might [/i]be possible build one in a micro-enclosure.

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='1105981' date='Jan 28 2011, 10:41 AM']I guess it depends what you mean by "small"? :)

The problem with blenders is that they require 4 jack sockets + the power supply socket. I never tried but it [i]might [/i]be possible build one in a micro-enclosure.[/quote]

All I need is to be able to blend a pedal with my original signal, not all the other things the Boss LS-2 does, and have control over the amount of blend.

[quote name='charic' post='1106036' date='Jan 28 2011, 11:36 AM']What do you want to blend? Should you really be making foodstuffs on stage?

...Coat[/quote]
:)

[quote name='PauBass' post='1106059' date='Jan 28 2011, 12:58 PM']All I need is to be able to blend a pedal with my original signal, not all the other things the Boss LS-2 does, and have control over the amount of blend.

:)[/quote]

the Barge Concepts is smaller than the Boss.

But Barge seems to be out of business.

Here's mine (left of the Deep Impact) : [url="http://www.loes.lu/loes.lu/Gear_files/C5Board.jpg"]http://www.loes.lu/loes.lu/Gear_files/C5Board.jpg[/url]

Edited by gillento

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='1105981' date='Jan 28 2011, 10:41 AM']I guess it depends what you mean by "small"? :)

The problem with blenders is that they require 4 jack sockets + the power supply socket. I never tried but it [i]might [/i]be possible build one in a micro-enclosure.[/quote]

What about adding to SFX products some kind of micro-blender you could apply inside a pedal? Are you interested in taking on that market niche?
It could be something like the guts of a normal blender without jacks or switches, just conectors so we could desolder the wires from the jacks and connect them into the blender and pick the atached wires and solder them on the right places... of course there will be some kind of schematic to teach you how to do this and maitain the footswitch working! I just don't know enough about 3PDT switching to complete my thoughts... :)

I'm saying this because i have a Behringer VT911 (valve dist) guitar pedal that i like to add a blend but buying a blender is more expensive than the pedal itself... and i would end with lots of spare parts from the blender... and there are lots of other cool guitar or bass pedals that could benefit from a clean blend to acomodate bass.

I know taht in this case the mod would be easy to do because the pedal has lots of free space inside and that would be a pain for more crowdy stompboxes but if anyone would be willing to do a rehousing than virtualy avery pedal would be blendable...

What do you think? Is my idea too crazy?

Cheers

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' post='1106574' date='Jan 28 2011, 06:49 PM']What about adding to SFX products some kind of micro-blender you could apply inside a pedal? Are you interested in taking on that market niche?
It could be something like the guts of a normal blender without jacks or switches, just conectors so we could desolder the wires from the jacks and connect them into the blender and pick the atached wires and solder them on the right places... of course there will be some kind of schematic to teach you how to do this and maitain the footswitch working! I just don't know enough about 3PDT switching to complete my thoughts... :)

I'm saying this because i have a Behringer VT911 (valve dist) guitar pedal that i like to add a blend but buying a blender is more expensive than the pedal itself... and i would end with lots of spare parts from the blender... and there are lots of other cool guitar or bass pedals that could benefit from a clean blend to acomodate bass.

I know taht in this case the mod would be easy to do because the pedal has lots of free space inside and that would be a pain for more crowdy stompboxes but if anyone would be willing to do a rehousing than virtualy avery pedal would be blendable...

What do you think? Is my idea too crazy?

Cheers[/quote]

I think that from the user perspective is a useful idea. I am not sure from the business viability though.

Different pedals may require different wiring and customer support can be a total nightmare.

Edited by Silent Fly

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='1106667' date='Jan 28 2011, 08:10 PM']I think that from the user perspective is a useful idea. I am not sure from the business viability though.

Different pedals may require different wiring and customer support can be a total nightmare.[/quote]

Yeah! You're right. I'm asuming everybody getting one of these knows what they are doing but the reality isn't like that!
Maybe some day, if i get around with modding that pedal, i'll give you a call :)