Why become a member? ×

Mainstream Music Channels...

GBass

[quote name='The Burpster' post='1104036' date='Jan 26 2011, 05:02 PM']That's the sad reality, whilst there are oooodles of basses out there better made, better QC'd, cleverer and more tonally proficient, if you're playing live, folks understand if you play a Fender....

....whatever..... :)[/quote]

Or.....People really like Fenders (strange I know).

I know that even with all my fancy instruments,my 'go-to' basses are Fenders.

[quote name='Doddy' post='1104131' date='Jan 26 2011, 06:22 PM']Or.....People really like Fenders (strange I know).

I know that even with all my fancy instruments,my 'go-to' basses are Fenders.[/quote]

I personally think its to do with image.

Only bass sists or anal-retentive g'tards would appreciate or notice if you were playing anything but P or J on stage. Play one of those (or a very close copy) and folks say... 'so your the bass player then..!'

Fact of life - but TBF the P or J do fit into most music genres without looking massively out of place. Try saying that about a Warwick Vampyre NT ...... :)

The thing is,you know where you are when you plug in a Precision or a Jazz-they just work.
I don't think that everyone that uses that uses them on the mainstream music channels does so because of image. Is image the reason that a few years ago everyone played or wanted a Warwick? Or was it because they are good instruments? You could call 'image' on most instruments,but ultimately if it doesn't sound or feel good then people wouldn't buy them.....and Fender do make good instruments.