Why become a member? ×

Best Software/online Metronome?

dumelow

www.jamstudio.com

If its just rhythms, I normally just use my Korg Pandora (besides effects, numerous beats available or plain old metronome). I can also record chords from my bass along with a beat and loop it in my Korg and play over that.

But for internet use, jamstudio is really cool. If you just want a beat/rythym then just only select Drums and deselect Guitar etc. and click for 'Loop page'...an there ya go. If you want to change the beat, tempo, add instruments with whatever chords you can do that also. There is however sometimes a bit of a stutter or delay when you use instruments in this 'free' version. HTH.

Have you got an iPhone/iPod Touch? Some decent ones on the App Store. I got one called BPM that's pretty good. 59p, tempo goes up to 300bpm, can have almost any time signature you want it looks like. My teacher has a Steinway one that was free. Only goes up to 175bpm I think, but has all the terminology relevant to your tempo.

There's a really good iPhone app called Dr. Betotte which is fairly pricey in app terms (think it was about £6) but it has all the functions of metronomes that retail for £50+. Tempo range from 10-310bpm, switchable subdivisions and odd-meter settings.