Why become a member? ×

Piezo Predicament

adypeck

Hello Chaps,
I recently took delivery of a brand new 4 string Musicman with the built in Piezo bridge pick up. Dark metallic blue, rosewood fingerboard, colour matched painted headstock, looks a treat. More importantly it sounds fantastic. For solo work or certain band types, when played through my markbass gear, the sound is the best i have ever had. My problem is my main band require more of a rickenbacker type sound, so i am finding that i am increasingly blending out the Piezo entirley for that town called malice type noise that they want me to produce, as we are a covers band, i can see their point. I have another stingray without the piezo which gives me that sound already, so i am increasingly leaning towards that one. What this means is i have a £1350.00 beautifull bass that will become my spare, which is just a waste of my cash, and a fine instrument. If i stick it on ebay i wont get anywhere near that, so i was thinking, are there any stingray players out there who may be looking to upgarde and want a piezo model. Maybe i could take a stingray and £400 in exchange for mine? I thought best do it now whilst the bass is still under the warantee and is in as new condition. Thoughts anyone?
Ady.

This sounds obvious to me, every one needs two basses, your main bass and a backup in case of string breakage or some other failure, having two musicman basses means that you can keep your sound the same if you have to chnge from one to the other BUT having one with a piezo pickup so you can dial ina different tone to fit some other songs is great so whats the problem? keep them both! sounds like you have a nice sensible gigging setup..

If the sound of the new bass is what you where craving, then regardless of what your current band demands, you will most likely by default seek at some stage to play what you desire in some way, so Id not take a hit on selling a new bass, unless you really need the funds

You could try it at a fairly high price and see if someone really wants the same as what you ordered, nothing lost