Why become a member? ×

Yamaha Bb300

chaypup

[quote name='chaypup' post='1095948' date='Jan 20 2011, 08:28 AM']Annoyingly, I can't find the serial number on my BB300 or any reference as to where it is on the 'net.
In one forum, someone mentioned it being on the headstock - but it ain't![/quote]

Well, if it isn't on the headstock it'll either be under the little rear entry panel on the back or perhaps where the neck joins the body (which means unbolting the neck to find it).
The other alternative is that it was on the neck 'somewhere' and the last 30 years use has worn it off...

If you're trying to find the serial number to ascertain an exact manufacture date then you should be aware that the concensus is that Yamaha records that far back are pretty 'vague'... :)

[quote name='fatback' post='1096182' date='Jan 20 2011, 11:29 AM']My bb400 serial is on the headstock, but it's small and just stamped in, so it's very hard to see unless you angle the light.

Yamaha (U.S.) tracked the serial down for me with a phone call. Service or what.[/quote]
Bit of a thread hijack - what's the serial on yours? I have a MIJ BB400S fretless with a weird number, wondered if there's a pattern.

Jon.

[quote name='fatback' post='1096182' date='Jan 20 2011, 11:29 AM']My bb400 serial is on the headstock, but it's small and just stamped in, so it's very hard to see unless you angle the light.

Yamaha (U.S.) tracked the serial down for me with a phone call. Service or what.[/quote]

Thanks - I found it on the back of the headstock, very faint in tiny letters!

[quote name='fatback' post='1096619' date='Jan 20 2011, 06:01 PM']111779

:lol:[/quote]Cheers - but unfortunately mine's nothing like that! :) KPQL029. Another very faint back of the headstock one - the Q might be an O or a zero, the zero might be an O. What the hell were Yamaha on? :)

J.