Why become a member? ×

New 2010 American Precision Deluxe Anyone?

Heartbreaker

I had the opportunity to buy either a P-Deluxe or a J-Deluxe, and played them both.

Not bad in any but one way for both of them - I didn't like the neck treatment on either of them and went for the Jazz Deluxe MiM instead.

I cannot say that I heard any quality of sound problems or bad sonics on the MIAs, but they just had that gawd-awful neck on them, even though one was a J and the other a P.

I could live with the Deluxe P if I had to, but it would be an uncomfortable marriage at best.

[b]Sidebar:[/b] Today it's 29.9º C, and last week we had 4 inches of snow. No wonder I'm ill.

Edited by Circle_of_Fifths

here you´ll find a nice little review/ad on the new dlx precision:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4LYDwcBEI8"]New FenderAmerican Deluxe Precision[/url]

some very nice sounds, i especially like the slap-tone...

I personally own the new deluxe j-bass and cannot say enough good things about it. for me the quality is as good as sadowsky metro (which i own three of).

sandmann

[quote name='Circle_of_Fifths' post='1093417' date='Jan 18 2011, 04:29 AM']Not bad in any but one way for both of them - I didn't like the neck treatment on either of them and went for the Jazz Deluxe MiM instead.

I cannot say that I heard any quality of sound problems or bad sonics on the MIAs, but they just had that gawd-awful neck on them, even though one was a J and the other a P.[/quote]

+1 My Mex Deluxe has a nicer neck than my US Deluxe (both Jazz). Maple with maple fretboard mmmmmmmm yummy :)

Edited by MuckedUpFunkies