Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Hipshot Rickenbacker Bridge, Brand New *SOLD*

Hipshot Rick bridge, chrome/solid brass, brand new & unused.

I've ended up with two of these (due to a strange coincidence of a birthday & surprising good luck!) and only have the one Rickenbugger to stick them on - so one of 'em's up for grabs:

There's one tiny mark on it, which I didn't even notice until I took the pics - on the back edge, adjacent to the G-string intonation screw, but it's otherwise perfect.

If you're reading this you'll likely know about these already - it's an upgrade to the original primitive & bendy 1950s design that the Rick 4000, 4001 & 4003 basses are fitted with. It retains the original's footprint so it covers the gaping routs left by the old bridge. It's fully adjustable for individual intonation, string height & even string spacing, and and will not suffer from "tail lift", ever. It's machined from a solid lump of brass & makes a noticeable difference to sustain & punch.

It's also a completely reversible mod - it's fitted using the existing mounting holes & since it's the exact shape of the original, won't mark or damage your bass in any way. Here's the twin of the one I'm selling, on the 'Bugger:

What you may not know is that it's also an endangered species - Hipshot have been subject to the Rickenbacker Cease & Desist Curse - and have stopped production of this bridge, as its outline shape violates RIC's trademarks.

The only place they seem to be available in the UK is Allparts - who will sell you one for £98.81 - excluding postage.

I'm selling mine for £65 delivered in the UK, also quite happy to post abroad, for a bit extra postage.

Any questions, want to see any more pics, let me know.

Jon.

Edited by Bassassin

Surprised this is still here, a couple of months ago I would have taken your arm off at the ankle !
But now Ive got one !

Anyone who has a Ric NEEDS to have one of these, your Ric will be fully in tune
probably for the first time, its more comfortable to play and you can palm mute too
and it look superb !

[b]BUT IT NOW[/b]

Cheers for that Adee - and I completely agree, it's a great bit of kit. I should also point out it's a direct replacement for the bridges on Japanese Rick copies too - the screwholes match exactly, because the Jap bridges were identical to the originals dimension-wise.

J.