Why become a member? ×

ACG/EAST EQ-02 Preamp - J Retrofit Pre-Amp SOLD

Full details here [url="http://www.bestbassgear.com/acg-eq-02-j.htm"]http://www.bestbassgear.com/acg-eq-02-j.htm[/url] it's the top one of the two for fitting to a standard jazz bass not a deluxe type jazz (with side jack).

Bought this on here a couple of months back and fitted it to a MIJ jazz which I had recently fallen in love with. While there's a mammoth range of tones to be got from this (more than a standard J-retro even), I haven't really adjusted to the control concept enough to get the most out of it and occasionally have fond myself struggling to find the tone I like, which I am surprised to find was the passive tone I was getting before putting this in.

Anyway, someone will give this a good home I'm sure. It's still in my bass at the moment so if you wanted to come around and have a try with a view to buying, that can be done. It's also a solder free installation (apart from the earth) which means it is fairly straightforward to fit for even a numpty like me.

£95 incl. P&P or £90 collected.

Edited by P-T-P

[quote name='pumkinkin' post='1086888' date='Jan 12 2011, 04:38 PM']do you have the wiring diagram/screws/box etc.?[/quote]

I have the fitting instructions, no box though and no screws required, as simply a drop in replacement for original control plate.

Pete

[quote name='P-T-P' post='1091449' date='Jan 16 2011, 03:20 PM']Yes, all chrome.[/quote]
After reading up a bit more, think i'll stick with looking for a std J-retro.
Whilst the eq filters are good, i'm after that 'snappy marcus' slap sound for my jazz & want to be able to quickly dial that tone in.
Good luck with your sale & have a bump from me....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...