Why become a member? ×

Effects loop blend

Ruck

Hi,

Im currently trying to find a pedel that is simply 2 inputs each with their own volume and ideally, each with their own cut off switches, that lead into 1 output. The plan being to mix 2 channels of effects that branch off the big muff pi. Is there something out there thats compact, small, cheap and not the BOSS LS-1?

ta.

Thanks the Behringer comes close but its still not what im after. Nothing wrong with the LS-2, again its not what im after either. Literally something like a passive vol/vol setup like you find in jazz basses but imagine the 2 inputs as the pickups and the output is, well the jack output! might have to make one myself shouldnt be too hard im thinking

Edited by Ruck

[quote name='Ruck' post='1085664' date='Jan 11 2011, 04:15 PM']Just got home and had a look at the SFX site. The Mix pedal is almost exactly what im after! just that it has no external volume or foot switch for either input... Getting closer though cheers![/quote]

Send Max an email there, he's always happy to do custom work for people.

[quote name='Ruck' post='1085678' date='Jan 11 2011, 04:24 PM']aaaaaaaaaaah a 'Combiner' Pedal is what I am after! Morley seem to do one and its a tad expensive for such a simple pedal... oh well atleast they exist![/quote]

I built a pedal last year for BC member mojobass that was an ABC box with volume controls. I reckon I could put together something that'll do what you want at a reasonable price (certainly cheaper than the Morley). PM me and we can discuss your needs.

A

[quote name='Alien' post='1085919' date='Jan 11 2011, 07:11 PM']I built a pedal last year for BC member mojobass that was an ABC box with volume controls. I reckon I could put together something that'll do what you want at a reasonable price (certainly cheaper than the Morley). PM me and we can discuss your needs.

A[/quote]

Hey Alien Thanks for the offer! I am interested and will Pm you monday.

Cheers!

Right well I ended up buying a second Morley ABY pedal for half the price of a new one which made it acceptable. However, it doesnt do what I want it to do...

The online description on their site says Morley ABY selector combiner pedal. Route 2 inputs into 1 output.

Basically heres a simple example of what I was trying to do:

1)Bass guitar into Big Muff,

2)Big Muff (effects output) ----> (Input A ) Morley ABY

3)Big Muff (dry output)---------> (Input B ) Morley ABY

4)Morley ABY output into amp.

Im basically attempting to use the Big Muff's dry output to blend clean signal with the Big Muffs fuzz effect.

The Morley has the option of routing both input A and B together into its output or I can switch between A and B.

[url="http://www.morleypedals.com/daby.html"]http://www.morleypedals.com/daby.html[/url]

With the Big Muff ON, the Morley works fine when switching from A to B. However when switching A and B on together I just get feedback hum... fail. Why is this happening...

Edited by Ruck

ah great... the hum might be caused by a "ground loop" so this whole project was doomed to fail regardless... so unless you want to buy another amp to feed the dry output of the Big Muff into, WHATS THE POINT OF HAVING IT?!?!?

Edited by Ruck

I suppose you're thinking that you might have different pedals on the effect out from the big muff?

The Y setting on the morley pedal isn't really a mixer, it just splits the signal. I would have thought it'd work to be fair but obviously there's an issue. I used to get cross talk when using the same pedal to switch between (and both) two guitar amps. Using an LS-2 which has an active mixer eliminated all that.

Do you have two inputs on your amp? You could send the two outputs from the muff to the two inputs on your amp?