Why become a member? ×

New CV Precision Is Here!

spongebob

Many thanks to all on my other post who helped me to go for a new CV P.

Seeing as I only own Rickenbackers otherwise, I was a bit worried about going for a bass priced so differently.....!

It arrived yesterday - and TBH, I'm blown away. My previous Precision experience was of the upgraded MIM's, which I really couldn't get on with. I found the MIM a bit too lightweight...it just felt quite unsubstantial and flimsy.

What a difference - it actually feels light years ahead of the MIM. The build is excellent - factory set-up is also spot on. No wobbly bits or issues at all.

Sound-wise, I'm amazed. Through my Markbass stuff, the tone is intense. What I really like is the whole JJ Burnel tone - in a couple of adjustments to amp settings, it was there.

So a bass that costs 1/6 the price of a Ric - I didn't think I would like it so much. I know what I read on here about how good the CV range is, and it really is! Having a Squier headstock doesn't bother me at all when a bass is this good.

Got to resist any more........at moment!

I've taken a few shots - I know they're cloned, but as they say, no pic, no bass!

Edited by spongebob