Why become a member? ×

Wa-hey

CaptainBass

Hey all, thought I'd say hi. I used to post on the old forum (occasionally) as Stamina, but I felt like a new nick.

I play bass (obviously) for Captain Face (www.myspace.com/captainface). We're based in the Aberdeen area, but have had gigs in the exotic locales of Dundee, Montrose, Inverness, Perth, Glasgow, Edinburgh and one very drunken mini-tour to the South-West of England...so hi to the peeps of Plymouth, Bideford, Barnstaple, Ilfracombe and Combe Martin!

Er...equipment...well, I'm playing a Washburn 5 string into a crappy old Laney combo for practices at the mo, and I love using a bit of FX every now and again. My pedalboard consists of Behringer Bass Limiter/Enhancer, Boss Chorus Ensemble, Ibanez Bass Synth, Behringer Bass EQ, Boss Bass Overdrive, Behringer tuner, and using a Boss Line Selector I have a loop with a Behringer Bass Ultra Flanger and a Electro-Harmonix Micro-POG. And I have a Crybaby copy, which lacks bass tone, so I'm maybe going to go for a Morley wah as my next purchase as I like the switchless "always on" approach that my now defunct Behringer Wah had...

Well, I dunno what else to say other than I look forward to reading all the posts on the new forum!

:)