Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Ibanez k5 OL (original model)

Cameronj279

hey all, i'm considering trading my Ibanez k5 OL for another bass (not bothered about 4 or 5 string)

The bass is in pretty much perfect condition except from very slight scratching on the back which is only noticable in certain light (i'll provide a few photo's in the morning)

the closest to a sound sample i can provide is a cover i done which i put on youtube : [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOaDxNJBJGw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOaDxNJBJGw[/url]

ideally i would like a warwick corvette (4 or 5 stringer) but i'm open to offers :)

thanks, i'll put up photo's in the morning (it's too late just now and my camera's ran out of battery)

any questions just ask :)

edit : if anybody has a warwick thumb i'de consider throwing in my boss GT-10B multi-effects, which is brand new

I will now consider selling the bass and would like around £500 ono....this version is out of productions and very hard to find now (i spent about 3 months searching for this one)

Edited by Cameronj279

[quote name='chuck_stones' post='1078445' date='Jan 5 2011, 12:16 PM']I have a Warwick Corvette $$ which I might consider trading.....with a cash adjustment in my favour..[/quote]

how many strings is the Warwick? And how much 'cash adjustment' would be nesasarry? i'm not a massive fan of how the double buck looks.

hey i have a 4 string acoustic ibanez ewb, a 4 string active pick ups shine, and a 4 string rickenbacker copy with a slight electrical fault (one of the wires from the jack needs soildering back on to the board) would you like to consider some combination of one/2/all of these for trade or maybe part exhange iwould be willing to put cash towards it too, been looking for a 5 string ibanez and this would be perfect

[quote name='eilsey' post='1079118' date='Jan 5 2011, 08:28 PM']hey i have a 4 string acoustic ibanez ewb, a 4 string active pick ups shine, and a 4 string rickenbacker copy with a slight electrical fault (one of the wires from the jack needs soildering back on to the board) would you like to consider some combination of one/2/all of these for trade or maybe part exhange iwould be willing to put cash towards it too, been looking for a 5 string ibanez and this would be perfect[/quote]

thanks for the offer but i'm more interested in quality over quantity and i'm not looking for an acoustic bass at the moment. thanks though and good luck with selling them :)

[quote name='Cameronj279' post='1078566' date='Jan 5 2011, 02:05 PM']how many strings is the Warwick? And how much 'cash adjustment' would be nesasarry? i'm not a massive fan of how the double buck looks.[/quote]

Ahh, the Warwick is a 4-string (perhaps one too few for you?). How it looks?! Image is nothing, tone is everything and the $$ is king :)

[quote name='chuck_stones' post='1079945' date='Jan 6 2011, 03:02 PM']Ahh, the Warwick is a 4-string (perhaps one too few for you?). How it looks?! Image is nothing, tone is everything and the $$ is king :)[/quote]

very true and actually i've noticed that I haven't been using the low B string as much as i used to....i went to some amount of trouble to get the K5 as well, it's a great bass but i do prefer the tone of warwicks (despite being a massive korn fan). so how much cash would i have to add to the trade? although i prefer the string spacing on 5 strings i think theres no point in having the extra string when i no longer use it. even though i'm not obsessive in the slightest about the asthetics, do you have any pictures of the $$? cheers :)

[quote name='chuck_stones' post='1079945' date='Jan 6 2011, 03:02 PM']Ahh, the Warwick is a 4-string (perhaps one too few for you?). How it looks?! Image is nothing, tone is everything and the $$ is king :)[/quote]

As far as Warwick go, the $$ is not the kind. The Thumb is the one, even when people can't get on with the looks, feel or balance (I never had any trouble with mine), the Thumb is easily the most "Warwick" sounding Warwick bass! :)

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1080134' date='Jan 6 2011, 05:14 PM']As far as Warwick go, the $$ is not the kind. The Thumb is the one, even when people can't get on with the looks, feel or balance (I never had any trouble with mine), the Thumb is easily the most "Warwick" sounding Warwick bass! :)[/quote]

It's the thumb that I'm ideally wanting to get eventually, I've listed this as open to cash offers as well now, selling a brand new boss gt-10b multi-effects...both in the hope i can afford this thumb bass

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1082647' date='Jan 8 2011, 10:18 PM']Cameron, there are three Thumbs for sale here at the moment, all 5 strings I believe! You need to get that cash together quick, one of them will be just the trick if you're wanting to do a good Mudvayne cover![/quote]

i know...it's really not fair, looking for a job just now (entirely so I can buy a thumb 5 but will be used for other equipment too) i love the k5, it plays and sounds great but except from a carl thompson, a thumb is my dream bass...and with a recent surgery i'm limited to what jobs i can do. damn karma.

even if i don't get the money for a few months, i'm sure there will be people selling them at some point, just gonna keep my eyes open.

There will always be Thumbs around to be had. They're looking a bit pricier here than they have in a while, I picked up a 1999 bolt on model here last year for £590, and it looked brand new. It also had the more diserable wenge neck, which is generally a lot slimmer than the later ovangkol necks.

The K5 is a great bass, so I wouldn't trade it away if you're happy with it. When you start working and get a bit of cash behind you you'll find you can grab those dream basses. You'll also find yourself feeling less inclined to buy basses, funny how that works!

the thumbs are looking pricy just now? :) wow, i was thinking that they were incredibly cheap (pretty new to the forum). when i do get a job the thumb is definetly going to be my first big purchase, they look and sound amazing...and i've recently got obsessed with Ryan Martinie.