Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MXR Bass Octave Deluxe tracking...

Jamesemt

Just received a BOD today but am not very impressed with it's tracking.
It's my first octaver, but it seems to have dodgy tracking on the G string, low C note. Ironically a low C on the E string sounds fine...whats going on? Is it highlighting a deficiency of the bass (which is a Dingwall ABZ btw)? By dodgy tracking I mean it sounds like a keyboard when you mess with the pitch shift stick - loses the originally played note very quickly. I realise analogue octavers don't track low low notes, but I'm not asking it to do this. Very tempted to swap it for a digital EHX Pog...
Is this the norm or a dodgy unit? Haven't tried it with another bass yet. Oh and merry christmas :)

Hmmm...... I'm quite happy with the tracking on my BOD. It does lose it's composure on the ends of long sustains with the pitch shift effect that you describe. But only really on the long sustains.

I use mine with a Stingray and an active Fender Jazz. I rate it over the EBS Octabass I had before, also the octaver on my MB Super Synth.

I had one. Loved the tone, but found it didn't track the G or C strings (I play a 6) very well at all. Sounded great everywhere else. Felt like it needed a certain amount of 'bass' in the note to trigger it correctly. Wouldn't track chords at all either.

Still remains one of the beat tonal Octavers available though!