Why become a member? ×

My new bass.. I'm chuffed...

markstuk

[quote name='markstuk' post='1060488' date='Dec 16 2010, 12:25 PM']My Dingwall ABZ acquired from Scooby on this here forum ....[/quote]

[b][size=7]WOW CONGRATULATIONS ON A SUPERB BASS[/size][/b]

And it's my bass's twin brother too! Excellent choice, any advice you need, any questions feel free to ask, like what strings to use and where to find them, just send me a pm.

It does appear to be identical :-) You do realise this means we can never be seen in public together :-)

Although I do think the wood grain pattern is nicer on yours.. But hey, I can't see it when I'm playing..

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1060502' date='Dec 16 2010, 12:37 PM'][b][size=7]WOW CONGRATULATIONS ON A SUPERB BASS[/size][/b]

And it's my bass's twin brother too! Excellent choice, any advice you need, any questions feel free to ask, like what strings to use and where to find them, just send me a pm.

[/quote]

Edited by markstuk

[quote name='markstuk' post='1060514' date='Dec 16 2010, 12:42 PM']It does appear to be identical :-) You do realise this means we can never be seen in public together :-)

Although I do think the wood grain pattern is nicer on yours.. But hey, I can't see it when I'm playing..[/quote]

What's the serial n# on yours *(stamped behind the headstock) ? mine is 4227, Sheldon Dingwall confirmed to me it was completed on 10th Dec. 2009 and it weighs 7.12lbs or 3.5Kgs. The pickups are Neodymium Humbuckers and the bass is passive, yet effing powerful and no need to worry about batteries. :)

As for the wood grain, I disagree, I could say that maybe the grain on yours is more linear and tidy, yet I do like yours a lot too. You know the grass is always greener and all that...

As for us being seen together with the same bass HAHA, imagine playing a bass duet with matching suits? LOL

Edited by Grand Wazoo

Hi,

looks like 4380 from what I can make out... Which would figure given that I suspect it was made mid 2010...

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1060523' date='Dec 16 2010, 12:55 PM']What's the serial n# on yours *(stamped behind the headstock) ? mine is 4227, Sheldon Dingwall confirmed to me it was completed on 10th Dec. 2009 and it weighs 7.12lbs or 3.5Kgs. The pickups are Neodymium Humbuckers and the bass is passive, yet effing powerful and no need to worry about batteries. :)

As for the wood grain, I disagree, I could say that maybe the grain on yours is more linear and tidy, yet I do like yours a lot too. You know the grass is always greener and all that...

As for us being seen together with the same bass HAHA, imagine playing a bass duet with matching suits? LOL[/quote]

[quote name='markstuk' post='1060528' date='Dec 16 2010, 01:04 PM']It's 4326 according to the documentation...[/quote]

The best way for you to find out the correct date is to Ask Sheldon in his forum at this link: [url="http://www.dingwallguitars.com/community/viewforum.php?f=5"]http://www.dingwallguitars.com/community/viewforum.php?f=5[/url]

He keeps a record and could even possibly tell you the weight of it at completion.

Yes, it has fanned frets.. They're only odd/different at the top of the fretboard... Up to the 15/16th fret I seem to have adapted 100% in less than a day...

It's absolutely brilliant.. But then having dropped over a grand I would say that :-) But it is.. I encourage you to give one a go.. You'll either love it or you won't.. I was hooked within the first five minutes...

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='daz' post='1060730' date='Dec 16 2010, 04:53 PM']Lovely looking bass. How are those fanned frets? I wish id tried a bass with fanned frets at the recent bass day.[/quote]

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1060523' date='Dec 16 2010, 12:55 PM']As for us being seen together with the same bass HAHA, imagine playing a bass duet with matching suits? LOL[/quote]

Lovely basses.

In a tenuous link I used to play in a band with 2 guitarists and they both played black telecasters with white scratchplates. They also both had those long fringes and dressed similarly... hmmm :)