Why become a member? ×

Fender 60s reissue SOLD on Gumtree

I bought this from ebay about 3 years ago with the intention of learning more than C, D and G. Sadly it never happened, and she's too nice a guitar to leave sitting around, so here are the details:

MIM Tele 2002 (SN MZ02..........) in Candy Cola (EDIT - turns out it's a 60s reissue so CAR is more likely). Rosewood board.
[attachment=66434:IMG_0828.JPG]
[attachment=66436:IMG_0829.JPG]

She's in great nick, the bloke I bought it from really looked after his kit, and this was a backup. I've hardly touched it in 3 years, so it's in the exact same condition as when I bought it. Plays beautifully, even under my spade like hands! The only flaws are a crack in the lacquer near the neck join which I've tried to photograph (about 1cm long) and a missing plastic pickup toggle. Comes with an *ahem* 'customised' Ibanez hard case that has been 'professionally' carved out to fit the guitar. Not my best work, but it does the job!

EDIT - As it's Christmas, I have upgraded this guitar with an extremely prestigious addition. I've replaced the missing pickup toggle as you can see from these pics:

[attachment=66989:IMG_0866.JPG] [attachment=66990:IMG_0867.JPG]

No, your eyes are not deceiving you, it's a pre-IBM closet classic Caps Lock key in Qwerty black. Gives this guitar that AWESOME pompous sound that cuts through any normal conversation. Ideal for everything from heavy trolling to light spam usage.

Apologies for picture quality, I've only got my phone at the moment.

Was looking for about £220, but to reflect the value of the upgrades it's now £220.01. I'd prefer to trade for or towards a P bass with a maple board though. I could probably make up cash to about £400 for something very nice. Don't mind a bit of mojo either.

I'm based in Sale, South Manchester and would [u]much[/u] prefer to meet up to sell/trade. Never posted an axe before, so I've no idea of costs. Don't do Paypal, sorry.

Any more questions/offers please ask.

Edited by colleya

[quote name='merello' post='1059895' date='Dec 15 2010, 07:12 PM']Is it a 60's Tele? Bridge looks like an old vintage bridge - could be a Mexican reissue.[/quote]

Could be but I'd need someone more experienced in 6ers than me to confirm it. The guy I bought it from was an old school rock n roller who played with a semi-famous 60s R&R band whose name I forget, so that would make sense.

Plus I've just had a quick google and[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iIsAbVJ0po"] this[/url] looks remarkably like mine.

Cheers for pointing it out. :)

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1060059' date='Dec 15 2010, 09:28 PM']If the back of the neck is quite high gloss then you have a 60s RI which is from the MIM Classic series. If it's more a dull matt then you have a MIM Standard. The bridge looks 60s RI to me & I do know a bit about teles.[/quote]

Cheers Burrito! It is high gloss and noticeably darker than other Teles that I've seen, so it looks like we have a 60s RI on our hands. Thanks for the spot guys, now does anyone fancy buying it? :)

[quote name='colleya' post='1060090' date='Dec 15 2010, 10:03 PM']Cheers Burrito! It is high gloss and noticeably darker than other Teles that I've seen, so it looks like we have a 60s RI on our hands. Thanks for the spot guys, now does anyone fancy buying it? :)[/quote]
Naw! :)
Best of luck though - that's a cracking price for a classic 60s.

The ’60s Telecaster features an alder body, a maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard, and a three-ply mint green pickguard.
Colour- (309) Candy Apple Red
Body- Alder
Neck- Maple, “C” Shape
Fingerboard- Rosewood, 7.25” Radius (184 mm)
No. of Frets- 21 Vintage Style Frets
Pickups- 2 Single-Coil Tele® Pickups with Alnico Magnets and Aged Covers
Controls- Volume, Tone
Bridge- Vintage Style 3-Saddle Strings-Thru-Body Tele Bridge
Machine Heads- Fender®/Ping® Vintage Style Tuning Machines
Hardware- Chrome
Pickguard- 3-Ply Mint Green
Scale Length- 25.5” (648 mm)
Width at Nut- 1.650” (42 mm)
Unique Features- Vintage Styling, “Top Hat” Switch Tip, Synthetic Bone Nut

£449 GtrGtr and about £405 GAK so still a bargain.

Edited by merello