Why become a member? ×

need a new wah!

0175westwood29

hi guys!

my crybaby died yesterday, and i have a gig on the 30th, so not got alot of time to hang around but i want to get something decent!

ive thought of another 105q but i really wasnt overly in love with it i just really liked the way you didnt have to turn it on! you can just stand on it!

ive used a morley dual bass wah in the passed and felt it wasnt really all that great!

ive been looking on line and am wondering if i got a second hand boss auto wah and then got the expression pedal is this like having a wah? so i can sweep it with my foot? or does it just change a setting there are no videos that i can find? im thinking also having an auto wah could be quite nice on some of our funkier numbers!

andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' post='1058786' date='Dec 14 2010, 06:11 PM']hi guys!

my crybaby died yesterday, and i have a gig on the 30th, so not got alot of time to hang around but i want to get something decent!

ive thought of another 105q but i really wasnt overly in love with it i just really liked the way you didnt have to turn it on! you can just stand on it!

ive used a morley dual bass wah in the passed and felt it wasnt really all that great!

ive been looking on line and am wondering if i got a second hand boss auto wah and then got the expression pedal is this like having a wah? so i can sweep it with my foot? or does it just change a setting there are no videos that i can find? im thinking also having an auto wah could be quite nice on some of our funkier numbers!

andy[/quote]

I've got a Boss PW10 that I don't use anymore, if you fancy it? Never been a fan of wah really, I just liked it for the rotovibe and resonance settings.

[quote name='EskimoBassist' post='1063491' date='Dec 19 2010, 01:29 PM']Not sure about the Wah settings, so to speak, on the Auto Wah, but the more traditional funky envelope sounds are meant to be pretty good on it. And no, it wouldn't have to be the official Roland pedal that you used with it for expression control.[/quote]

ok cool sounds good!

any idea what pedals are ok to be used with it?

andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' post='1064112' date='Dec 19 2010, 10:34 PM']ok cool sounds good!

any idea what pedals are ok to be used with it?

andy[/quote]

The Boss EV5 is designed to work with Boss pedals, or for roughly half the money a Moog EP2 is compatible with Boss stuff - bit more rugged construction too.