Why become a member? ×

Rounds or flats on a fretless

Clarky

So, got my Cort neck back and put Status half rounds on - beautiful tone but not what I was after - far too mellow and flat, was looking for something more of a halfway house between flats and rounds, these are far too close to the flat end o fthe spectrum. On a whim, popped in to my local shop and got a set of Rotosound pressure wound strings. Just back from a rehearsal and I'm so happy, I know have the sound I've been looking for and no longer feel the need to change my amp (Hartke HA2500) which I bought in an emergency and was (until now) very disappointed with. Quite amazing what a set of strings can do!

[quote name='Prosebass' post='1056289' date='Dec 12 2010, 06:21 PM']Rounds every time for me .....however
For the sound you want try these [url="http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/products/622-rotosound_tru_bass_black_nylon_strings_65_115_long_scale_rs88ld"]Tru Bass[/url] I have used them on short scales and they have a lovely warm rounded tone .[/quote]

+1