Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR 506

Kubickiboy

[quote name='Machines' post='120572' date='Jan 15 2008, 07:22 AM']I like an SR505 I played - had a bit of a Warwick growl going on with it to be honest. They are a good value 6 string AND they do sound good. Same goes for the BTB556 really.[/quote]

I'd agree, the higher end SR basses are excellent, the BTB's are good too, but they have a 35" scale.

As to the SR506, I'm not sure if there's a better 6 for the money (new).

String spacing is 16.5mm, check that you like it this close, it ain't a Warwick Broadneck :)

• 3 months later...

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='120574' date='Jan 15 2008, 08:28 AM']I'd agree, the higher end SR basses are excellent, the BTB's are good too, but they have a 35" scale.

As to the SR506, I'm not sure if there's a better 6 for the money (new).

String spacing is 16.5mm, check that you like it this close, it ain't a Warwick Broadneck :)[/quote]
Thanks for that. I actually went and bought one in the end, and it's a cracker. The string spacing and neck dimensions are great, but I'm still getting my head round the C string which at the moment is getting in the way...!

How much are these? I have an sr1000 4 string which I've had since 1990 & love the sound of it & looking for a 5 or 6 stringer in a few months but don't wanna spend loads as I have other things I need to buy.

[quote name='xgsjx' post='190024' date='May 1 2008, 09:18 PM']How much are these? I have an sr1000 4 string which I've had since 1990 & love the sound of it & looking for a 5 or 6 stringer in a few months but don't wanna spend loads as I have other things I need to buy.[/quote]
Got mine for £429 from Sound Control Leeds. Cheap as chips.