Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker 4000 1982 Azureglo

Hi All,

Up for sale is my Azureglo Rickenbacker 4000 Bass, serial number VG1964 which dates it to July 1982, plus Ric case.

It is in fantastic condition and plays really well. It has one or two very minor dings although the only ones really worth mentioning are on the top of the headstock (see pic).

I'm looking for £1,000 collected or can post for an extra £25 in the UK. Would also consider trades, plus cash either way as appropriate.

All the best, Si

Edited by 353203

[quote name='Stag' post='1053470' date='Dec 9 2010, 10:38 PM']This didnt move either Si? Im shocked!

(have you still got the Burgundy one under the bed waiting for me? ; )[/quote]

That Burgundyglo is the ultimate incarnation of the 4001!

The 4000 is no slouch either :)

[quote name='The Twickerman' post='1053579' date='Dec 10 2010, 12:26 AM']I have a 1978 Burgundyglo 4001 too - it's a peach![/quote]

I picked up the burgundyglo 78 off Simon recently. Legendary bass. It's a wonderful instrument ... really, really light, well balanced with a thin neck. I've strung it with thomastik flats. Huge, beefy, sustain forever bass. I've never played a bass which has such an even sound from low through the upper register. Mental. It is also mint as in just off the shop floor mint. A rare find...

I can vouch for the blue 4000 which I played too before I bought the 78. It had a bigger P-bass sound to it. It felt very good too. Nice bass.

Hey Nick - good to hear from you and hope all's well. Yes, that burgundyglo was a fantastic bass and you could certainly give it a better work out than I ever could.

Steve - sorry mate....but the 4000 is waiting for you if you want it :) hope all's well with you

[quote name='Cairobill' post='1053591' date='Dec 10 2010, 12:42 AM']I picked up the burgundyglo 78 off Simon recently. Legendary bass. It's a wonderful instrument ... really, really light, well balanced with a thin neck. I've strung it with thomastik flats. Huge, beefy, sustain forever bass. I've never played a bass which has such an even sound from low through the upper register. Mental. It is also mint as in just off the shop floor mint. A rare find...

I can vouch for the blue 4000 which I played too before I bought the 78. It had a bigger P-bass sound to it. It felt very good too. Nice bass.[/quote]

It's a fantastic bass Simon. Funny thing is I'm playing it with all the pickup covers on etc with a pick and flats. It's a really stunning sound. I expected to go more for that roundwound/grindy sound but it seems to really love the flats and the feel is stellar and the sound is amazing. One of the comfiest basses I've ever played. Really wonderful. It's seriously pretty too. I think I might have to post some pictures up.

• 2 weeks later...