Why become a member? ×

All SOLD

WishICouldWalk

I have 2 basses for sale: a sunburst Japanese 75 RI Jazz and a Warwick Corvette Rockbass fretless. I'm the 2nd owner of the jazz and this has been my gigging bass for the last year. I really do love this bass and I'm really sorry to see it go but I've got an unfinished project that I'll never finish as long as it's around. As mentioned, it's been my gigging bass so it's got knocks but playability is not affected. I'm looking for £350.

[attachment=4870:PICT0883.JPG]

The Warwick is something I bought to gratify my fretless fantasy and I've hardly touched it. It's virtually unmarked. Paid £330 new about 2 years ago. Looking for £200. - Now £180

[attachment=4871:PICT0873.JPG]

Also got a Gallien and Kruger MB150S that's going in the Amps section.

I'm in Brighton and I'm not really into using a courier. Anyone is welcome to come and try out.

I'll give myself the bumps for a month and if no joy, it's all going on the bay.

Thanks for looking.

**Update**

I've had a fair few PM's and people have asked about the condition of the 75RI Jazz. I've got a picture of the most significant marking around the bottom of the body. There's a bit of low ceiling scuffing on the top of the headstock and a bit of making to the lacquer at the back of the neck, neither of which I could get to show up in a pic. To play, it's the nads!

[attachment=4898:Bottom_body.JPG]

Edited by WishICouldWalk

I've tried to take pics of them but it's hard to get them to show up as I'm no photographer and also because they're in areas where finish is the same colour as the wood underneath, there's not a lot of contrast. I'll have another go tonight.

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='122566' date='Jan 18 2008, 12:37 AM']Can I get first dibs on the 75?

Have you got more detailed pics of the "knocks"?[/quote]

[quote name='WishICouldWalk' post='122464' date='Jan 17 2008, 09:43 PM']I just took the neck off and the neck pocket is stamped JB-72 R/EX, the neck is stamped JB-75-R. Don't know if that gives a clue as to the what the pickups might be. The neck is also stamped December 96. Never knew it was over 11 years old![/quote]

If you ring Fender they should be able to tell you.

I rang them about my Mexi JP special - they knew all about it from the serial number - pickups, bridge, tuners... down to the factory special run paint job.

I was pleasantly suprised to find out it had US standard pickups and a US bridge too. Despite my having forked out for replacement US pups :)

I'll be honest, I provided that info for those who might be interested in buying the bass. Personally, if it plays well and I like the sound and look, that's all I need to know :)

Thanks for the info all the same.

[quote name='bigjohn' post='123007' date='Jan 18 2008, 05:54 PM']If you ring Fender they should be able to tell you.

I rang them about my Mexi JP special - they knew all about it from the serial number - pickups, bridge, tuners... down to the factory special run paint job.

I was pleasantly suprised to find out it had US standard pickups and a US bridge too. Despite my having forked out for replacement US pups :huh:[/quote]

You've just answered the question - you're into passive. I did have a USA deluxe 5 string that I had the preamp replaced with an EBS. The stock preamp was super trebley and harsh with it. The EBS is quite sweet.

[quote name='rockinbassman' post='127556' date='Jan 25 2008, 09:16 AM']I just have a think for the passive sound at the moment! The Marcus is awesome, but using passive mode most of the time. Why, you had problems with the pre-amp in the past?[/quote]

[quote name='rockinbassman' post='127556' date='Jan 25 2008, 09:16 AM']I just have a think for the passive sound at the moment! The Marcus is awesome, but using passive mode most of the time. Why, you had problems with the pre-amp in the past?[/quote]

You'll love this jazz then Paul- It's identical to my natural/rosewood one