Why become a member? ×

Multi effect with line in and easy to use tuner?

Jamesemt

First off, apologies. I've already posted a thread asking for a small multiFX unit, but have now changed gigbags.

I am looking for a unit which has a Line in (meaning I can use it connected to my Tascam MP-BT1 as the preamp in that doesn't sound very good to me).

Secondly I'd like it to have an easy to use tuner - used to have a foot pedal on a Line 6 XT that involved pressing two pedals together - which I hated.

I've got a Korg Pitchblack but preferably want an all in one unit.

Modelling doesn't interest me (unless it's on a catwalk :)).

I will primarily be using it for the tuner/compressor and chorus. DI would be nice.

Possibly looking at messing with something synthy but never used any FX like that before and the current band doesn't really need them.

Any ideas? Thinking Zoom B9.1ut or the more expensive Rocktron Utopia B200 which has a tuner...don't know about the line in though...

Edited by Jamesemt

The zoom b9.1 is OUTSTANDING. And the tuner can be assigned to a single press. Mine has replaced a full separates board after the best part of twenty years and I've not looked back once! It gets comments and compliments everywhere and with my iPhone plugged in is my main practice tool. I have all my patches in A-I for live and then replicated in 0-9 with amp sim for headphones/recording. The instant switching makes it very practical too and it floors the boss gt units I've dabbled with before.

[quote name='gafbass02' post='1051578' date='Dec 8 2010, 12:28 PM']The zoom b9.1 is OUTSTANDING. And the tuner can be assigned to a single press. Mine has replaced a full separates board after the best part of twenty years and I've not looked back once! It gets comments and compliments everywhere and with my iPhone plugged in is my main practice tool. I have all my patches in A-I for live and then replicated in 0-9 with amp sim for headphones/recording. The instant switching makes it very practical too and it floors the boss gt units I've dabbled with before.[/quote]

How large is it? Could I get it in a decent sized gigbag pocket?
The guitarist in the band has a g9.22 - is the bass version a similar size minus an expression pedal?