Why become a member? ×

SOLD: used set of TI Jazz flatwound strings

For sale is a set of TI Jazz flats which I haven't played much, a couple of hours tops. Unfortunately they were cut for a 2 + 2 headstock so they won't fit a 4 in line headstock. I did leave a lot of wraps on the D string so they should fit a 3 + 1 arrangement a la Stingray, but I'll give you the measurements here:

E string - ball to silk 37" total length 43"
A string - ball to silk 37.5" total length 46"
D string - ball to silk 37.5" total length 45.5"
G string - ball to silk 37.5" total length 41.875"

The gauges are 43, 56, 70, 100

I could keep a hold of them and throw them in a drawer until I get bitten by the flatwound bug again but I could do with realising some funds and it's better if they go to someone who'll use them. They're around £35 new, so how about £15 posted? An inexpensive way of getting a set of flatwound strings - if they fit your bass!

Edited by neepheid

One of the greatest bass tone I ever managed was TI Jazz flats on a Stingray. If you've got a 'ray and you haven't tried flats, now's the time to give 'em a go, there's something about a 'ray PUP/preamp and flats that just works

C

[quote name='neepheid' post='1049875' date='Dec 6 2010, 09:04 PM']For sale is a set of TI Jazz flats which I haven't played much, a couple of hours tops. Unfortunately they were cut for a 2 + 2 headstock so they won't fit a 4 in line headstock. I did leave a lot of wraps on the D string so they should fit a 3 + 1 arrangement a la Stingray, but I'll give you the measurements here:

E string - ball to silk 37" total length 43"
A string - ball to silk 37.5" total length 46"
D string - ball to silk 37.5" total length 45.5"
G string - ball to silk 37.5" total length 41.875"

The gauges are 43, 56, 70, 100

I could keep a hold of them and throw them in a drawer until I get bitten by the flatwound bug again but I could do with realising some funds and it's better if they go to someone who'll use them. They're around £35 new, so how about £15 posted? An inexpensive way of getting a set of flatwound strings - if they fit your bass![/quote]

PM'd - I can always use a spare set of TIs.