Why become a member? ×

Hartke HA3500 Rackmounting/Knowledge Needed

anty

Just bought one second hand for £100

[url="http://www.gatorcases.com/Default.aspx?Section=Products&Page=Details&CategoryID=4488&CatalogID=9238"]Looking at rackcases[/url] would that do the job.

The head I have is [url="http://en.woodbrass.com/product_info.php?products_id=13593&calculport_country_id=222&af=833"]this one[/url]....would I just need rackears for it?

Last question is, would a tc electronics rs210 be a good cab for it. Im not sure if its a 4 or 8 ohm cab and I think to get the maximum power out of the ha3500 would be having a 4ohm cab. If you guys have any suggestions on a good 2x10/2x12/1x15 going cheap please let me know :) (my spine says "neo cabs would be greatly appreciated"

Knobs and preamp stuff dealt with :)

Thank you so far :lol:
Tony

Edited by anty

You can get a compatible spline fit knob at Maplin (www.maplin.co.uk for choices).

I would have thought any compatible 2 unit or larger rack case would fit - you'll need rack ears (the rackmount tabs) if it doesn't have them already, plus bolts.

I'm not aware of upgrades outside of fitting different preamp valves, but that doesn't mean too much - I like mine, but haven't fiddled inside yet. What would you want to sound different about it?

[quote name='anty' post='1047291' date='Dec 4 2010, 01:36 PM']Just bought one second hand for £100

What would be the best rackcase for it, im looking something reliable and cheap just to fit it into. Wont be using rackmount effects etc for awhile due to financial contraints :). Also do I need anything else to rackmount it with, any guides on here I can be linked too.

The low contour knob isnt on it and just wanting to know the best place to find replacement knobs as well (as I dont have a clue where to look)

Last question is what upgrades could I make to this. Only one I know of would be upgrading the preamp tube in it, any suggestions?[/quote]

Standard rackcases are designed to accept equipment 19" wide and the height is always measured in "U"s. (1U = 1.75")
Your amp is 2U high - so any rack case 2U high would do the trick.
One thing to consider though is what you are going to do with it in the future - it might be worth having 2U spare for expansion. You can get blanking plates to keep the front of the rack looking tidy until you are ready to put effects etc. in there.

Rackcases come in three different formats:

1) ABS - essentially moulded plastic - I have used these for years and they're very robust.
2) Aluminium covered - usually plywood with an aluminium covering, price reflects quality of build and overall robustness.
3) Soft Bag - A padded bag offering some protection but nowhere near as much as the ABS and Ally types.

Unless you are buying a SH rack case, they usually come with all the appropriate cage nuts, bolts and protective washers.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Boschma-Roto-rack-case-2U-better-than-all-others-/160513670910?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Rack_Cases_MJ&hash=item255f5c3efe"]Planning to get this one[/url]

was considering the gator 2U deluxe which looks like its 2 combined in one. I see what you mean for future purposes a few extra quid wouldnt hurt incase I did upgrade to rackmount effects within the next few months.

I'll probably go ABS regardless of what brand.
Thanks for the input

[quote name='icastle' post='1047332' date='Dec 4 2010, 02:20 PM']Standard rackcases are designed to accept equipment 19" wide and the height is always measured in "U"s. (1U = 1.75")
Your amp is 2U high - so any rack case 2U high would do the trick.
One thing to consider though is what you are going to do with it in the future - it might be worth having 2U spare for expansion. You can get blanking plates to keep the front of the rack looking tidy until you are ready to put effects etc. in there.

Rackcases come in three different formats:

1) ABS - essentially moulded plastic - I have used these for years and they're very robust.
2) Aluminium covered - usually plywood with an aluminium covering, price reflects quality of build and overall robustness.
3) Soft Bag - A padded bag offering some protection but nowhere near as much as the ABS and Ally types.

Unless you are buying a SH rack case, they usually come with all the appropriate cage nuts, bolts and protective washers.[/quote]

[quote name='anty' post='1047374' date='Dec 4 2010, 02:57 PM'][url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Boschma-Roto-rack-case-2U-better-than-all-others-/160513670910?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Rack_Cases_MJ&hash=item255f5c3efe"]Planning to get this one[/url]

was considering the gator 2U deluxe which looks like its 2 combined in one. I see what you mean for future purposes a few extra quid wouldnt hurt incase I did upgrade to rackmount effects within the next few months.[/quote]

For some reason Hartke sell these in a 3U casing - so there's an extra 1U of space above the amp.
Not sure if it's so they can stick their logo somewhere prominent or if they do it to give the amp a little extra ventilation, so thats something you might need to investigate if you decide to go for a 2U rack with no upgrade space...