Why become a member? ×

Fender 1x15 Cab - £165 cash or trade (Bassman Pro with Eminence Speaker)

james_guitar

If like Spinal Tap and Jay-Z you're in to 'big bottom', then this is the cab for you!

I've recently dropped my asking price to [b][u]£165[/u][/b] and am now considering trades - possibly a small/light head, but am interested in whatever else you may have to offer.

This Fender cab is in immaculate condition and is being sold as new. I originally purchased it as an impulse buy when the local Sound Control in Bristol was closing down, thinking that it would match my Fender Bassman Pro combo (which I've since sold). Being new to speaker Ohm-ages at the time, I didn't realise that this cab is rated at [u]'8 Ohms'[/u] (to match a Bassman Pro head and [i]NOT[/i] a Bassman Pro combo, which requires a similar looking '4 Ohm' 1x15 cab). As a result, this fantastic cab has been been living under my staircase, un-used.

All of my jazz gigs these days are on the double bass, so have since gone for a Phil Jones rig with 5inch speakers that are more suited to my needs.

Fender have an enviable reputation for both inventing and manufacturing some of the best gear in the music industry and this cab is no exception. This series of cabs sound fantastic with any brand of head/combo and will make your bass sound huge.

Here are the relevant specs...

[u]Make & Model[/u] = Fender 115 Pro Cabinet

[u]Speaker[/u] = Eminence 15" driver and compression horn.

[u]Power rating[/u] = 700 watts program, 350 watts continous @ 8 Ohms

[u]Dimension[/u] = 18.5" Height, 25.5" Width, 18.5" Depth

Feel free to post any questions and I will answer as accurately as possible.

Best regards,

James

P.S. whilst the original Bassman Pro amp series has been discontinued, I've found a site that is selling this cab at a discounted price of €448.50 (£391). It lists the original retail price as €556 (£485)...

[url="http://www.woodbrass.com/en/fender-115-pro-p16644.html"]http://www.woodbrass.com/en/fender-115-pro-p16644.html[/url]

Edited by james_guitar

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='james_guitar' post='1046869' date='Dec 3 2010, 09:53 PM']This cab has just been sat under the staircase for the past few years as I haven't needed the extra power for any of my gigs and the band I used to play with didn't like the idea of me taking up any extra space in the band van.

Specs...

Pro series 1x15 cab, 350 watts, 8 ohm, weight = 61lbs, H.18.5", W.25.5", D.18.5" (Eminence speaker)

Feel free to post any questions and I will do my best to answer as accurately as possible.

Thanks,

James[/quote]

how much you want for it

[quote name='Thepurepower' post='1059778' date='Dec 15 2010, 05:42 PM']No good without a price!

I may even be interested in this if its reasonably priced[/quote]

Ditto! :) :)

What sort of value do you put on it and what sort of things are you interested in re: a trade?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='harlowbassplayer' post='1076157' date='Jan 3 2011, 11:47 AM']i know this is a stupid offer but you never know until you ask lol

would you take 150GBP[/quote]

Thanks for the offer, but I'm definately after £199.

The cab is in perfect condition and has never been used.

Best regards,

James

• 4 months later...

[quote name='lushuk' post='1249182' date='May 29 2011, 02:08 PM']I dont need this James but been watching this thread and thinking this is a bargain, great price as far as I can see![/quote]

Thanks for the feedback; I was beginning to wonder if I had missed the mark somewhere, but I guess not everyone's after a 1x15 cab.

Hopefully this will find the right home soon!

• 3 weeks later...

I've just updated the original post as I've finally sorted my double bass rig and am now considering trades for this cab. I would be interested in a light/portable head for smaller gigs, but am interested in whatever else you may have to offer.

Thanks,

James

P.S. sale price is still just £165 with either pickup or devliery costs as quoted a few messages above.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='james_guitar' post='1305155' date='Jul 15 2011, 08:53 PM']Would you prefer it if it was an 8x15? :)

It's still for sale or trade - feel free to make any offers :)[/quote]

I had someon every interested in this, so kept it on hold for a while. Haven't heard back from them since, so it's back up for sale again...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...