Why become a member? ×

Rotosound Jazz Flats Medium Scale Standard

I have a set of Rotosound Jazz Flats in medium scale, standard gauge, light blue silks. They have actually been on a bass for only a few hours and barely played, not because there's anything wrong with them, just I realised the strings I'd taken off were TIs and it seemed a shame to waste them. There's just a tiny bit of fraying right at the ends where they were cut and wound on the post. In original packaging.

[s]These are currently for sale at Stringbusters for £22.50 + postage, so I'll post these within the UK for £10. [/s] *** SOLD ***

Winding length (ball-end to start of tuner-end silk) is 90cm on the G. I've measured the full length, ball-end to where they were cut, so you can see what total length you have on each string, plus the weight, listed below.

G 105cm 40
D 109cm 50
A 108cm 75
E 106cm 90

EDIT or would trade for a set of good condition, good brand long or extra long scale flats.

Edited by spinynorman

These 'might' be good for me BUT we are talking mm difference as to whether they will fit!

My Bolin has a headstock that has a very short distance from the nut to the locking sperzel tuner and I've found that standard long scale flats simply snap as there is no silk downscaling or that the spindle of the tuner is so skinny the string gets overwound (believe me after snapping x2 LaBella and X1 Thomastik G string I know standard scale won't work).

I've measured my scale length for the G string and at 90mm from the CENTRE of the ball end to the silk it'll be a few mm short (the silk will be in the nut groove) but measured from the start of the string proper to the silk at 90mm I'm fine! The other thing is what distance are the other strings from the ball end to the silk? I tried a short scale set and the G was fine but then the E string was way too short.

To further muddy the waters, I have a full set of new La Bellas that we could do a deal on but it all depends on the string lengths!

Phew long winded but I'm tired of shelling out on flats to try on this bass and snapping them (I have 3 other sets of flats with brand new E A D strings and a snapped G string). :)