Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Orange Smart Power SP210 2x10" bass cab - (AS) NEW

aldude

For sale, Orange Smart Power SP210 bass cab. 600W, 2x 10" speakers.

It has 2 10" speakers in isobaric configuration, so it's darned small, at only 33x39x41 cm. Lovely Orange tone and look (it's the orange version), I will get some pics up later.

This is "as new", well actually it is new as I haven't used it yet. We have a shiny PA with monitors now and I don't really need the full bass rig, so it has to go. It's still has the original box, although I have taken it out to look at it as it looks so good.

These go for £433 online.

[b]Price drop![/b] £350 -> £320, would prefer collection (it's in Bristol) but may deliver it myself for a small fee or meet somewhere, please ask. I'm also often in the North West (Southport area). Viewings welcome!

[b]Now sold![/b]

Edited by aldude

[quote name='Rasta' post='1043923' date='Dec 1 2010, 03:21 PM']Whats the bottom end like on these? I considering the 2x12 a tthe mo.[/quote]

The isobaric arrangement means that the bottom end is increased compared to a bigger cabinet - I think it has the frequency response of a cabinet exactly twice the size.

I would however describe the sound of this cab as "vintage", I think that's what Orange was going for, and also there's no tweeter to modernise things up.

[quote name='paulie' post='1045963' date='Dec 3 2010, 08:02 AM']These cabs are unreal, the volume and punch they produce. The 212 version has tons of low end. while the 210 has plenty.

Good luck with the sale.[/quote]

Isobaric.... years ago I was involved loosely with the development of an Altec version o fthe Orange scoop cab.
Two 15", iin a box, one facing up one facing down and both firing into parabolic reflectors.
Very long throw but this was before big PAs were about in any numbers...
Reminds me of this a bit.

[quote name='paulie' post='1045963' date='Dec 3 2010, 08:02 AM']These cabs are unreal, the volume and punch they produce. The 212 version has tons of low end. while the 210 has plenty.

Good luck with the sale.[/quote]

Wow, just tried this last night at a practice (fairly heavy rock band). I used this tiny little cab on it's own as I've now sold my Markbass, and I was very surprised at how it performed - plenty of low end, even on the low B string, and great mids that just cut through everything. It was very easy to dial in a great sound and there was plenty of volume - very impressed.

Two of these or one plus the SP212 12" version must be a killer tiny rig indeed.