Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wiring diagram for Epiphone Explorer bass

Delberthot

I've been going to fix this for ages but haven't had the time.

I have an Epi Explorer that someone did a refinish on without taking the pickups off. The pickups are put to one side until I look for something that may be able to remove it without melting the plastic but in the meantime I have the ones from my Thunderbird to put in.

When I got it it wasn't working at all, the switch had completely broken off.

I'm in need of a wiring diagram but can't find anything - does anyone have one handy? It may very well be the same as the Les Paul bass

I'm not even sure what the switch is for, I'm assuming its a pickup selector with vol/vol/tone controls

[quote name='Delberthot' post='1040405' date='Nov 28 2010, 08:36 PM']I've been going to fix this for ages but haven't had the time.

I have an Epi Explorer that someone did a refinish on without taking the pickups off. The pickups are put to one side until I look for something that may be able to remove it without melting the plastic but in the meantime I have the ones from my Thunderbird to put in.

When I got it it wasn't working at all, the switch had completely broken off.

I'm in need of a wiring diagram but can't find anything - does anyone have one handy? It may very well be the same as the Les Paul bass

I'm not even sure what the switch is for, I'm assuming its a pickup selector with vol/vol/tone controls[/quote]

Not an Epiphone expert I'm afraid but I'd hazard a guess that they didn't reinvent the wheel for the Epiphone range - anything here of any use? :

[url="http://www.gibson.com/Service/Tech/Schematics/"]http://www.gibson.com/Service/Tech/Schematics/[/url]

Edited by icastle

Never thought about checking out a guitar schematic. That looks like the ticket. Cheers

Keen to get it wired up so I'm still going to use the Fender Jazz wiring diagram until i can get a switch.

On second thoughts I seem to have run out of pots so I've bought a batch of 500k ones and a switch.

Edited by Delberthot