Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker 4003 1982 Jetglow Bass SOLD!

ash

Here is an old Ricky 4003 that has seen a lot of life, the paintwork has been touched up and scuffed, dinged and has the genuine 'roadworn' look. The hardware is tarnished but works well and appears all original. The bass is one of the earlier 4003s where the trussrods were adjusted at the body end - hence the two piece scratchplate. The lacquer on the fingerboard has flaked and is flaking off in places. Electrics work well and the bass sounds fantastic. The neck is straight and both trussrods turn. The bass action is high and it needs a setup as it has been strung low and hanging around for a few years (I'm not attempting to adjust those 2 trussrods!).

[attachment=65032:IMGP1712.JPG]

[attachment=65030:IMGP1710.JPG]

[attachment=65031:IMGP1709.JPG]

[attachment=65028:IMGP1707.JPG]

Its a cool looking vintage bass but I just don't play it so I'm pricing it realistically as it will need some work. I would also consider px/trades (anyone near me fit a boiler?!!) especially for a Gibson Grabber Model 1 2 or 3. Offers around 875 would secure the Rick. I'm prepared to post at buyers cost by pre arrangement but only within the UK.

Sold!

Edited by ash