Why become a member? ×

advice

davydisco

Is it particularly bass cabs that you think you need to progress? My first advice would definitely be to concentrate on theory,technique, and reading, before going after gear, and thus posting in the theory and technique section might be more productive for you. Really, forget about gear except to put some money aside, until you are looking at a band sort of position.

Hi there

Dont want to sound a bit harsh but I dont see that there was any question regarding gear, let alone cabs.

But anyway, I replied to a post few days ago with similar question, I think the title is 'starting again' have a read through that and see if the replies from me and the other guys here on the forum are maybe also helpful to you. If not let us know and I can maybe then reply specifically to your thread with some different ideas.

Cheers

[quote name='davydisco' post='1037318' date='Nov 25 2010, 10:31 PM']hello can anyone help and recommend a video/books on the bass as i cant really progress so i need some recommendations for a novice player can anyone give me their opinions please thankyou[/quote]

Do you already know how to read music or are you completely new to music [i]and[/i] bass? Let me know and I can recommend a few books.

There are also a lot of informative videos on YouTube, though you may have to do a little digging to find the gold.

[quote name='davydisco' post='1037318' date='Nov 26 2010, 05:31 AM']hello can anyone help and recommend a video/books on the bass as i cant really progress so i need some recommendations for a novice player can anyone give me their opinions please thankyou[/quote]

You need to tell us ,what music are you into(ie metal/soul/funk/punk /jazz etc) Have you got any favourite players that you admire?
I think you have a peavey,which I think you should persist with if possible,as it cost a bit.
Also ,think of a teacher. Teachers altho' can be expensive ,help you feel more comfortable about the bass very quickly.

Crikey, I've overused the word 'think' on here :)

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE