Why become a member? ×

Ohm rating questions... Is this dangerous?

StevieD_FenderP2009

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1037738' date='Nov 26 2010, 01:23 PM']Sorry bud, I've read thru the other posts & the OP hasn't said it's the 16 ohm (it was in a couple of other posts that it could be).
He could still rewire it to draw 7.5 ohms & the Trace should still run them ok (if slightly warmer).

Anyway, whether it's 15 or 16 ohms I wouldn't bother with the hassle of rewiring it. :)[/quote]

The only impedance you can have with the cab is 16 or 4 ohm. Without disconnecting 2 of the speakers you can not attain 8ohm however you wire it.

[quote name='Protium' post='1038784' date='Nov 27 2010, 01:47 PM']The only impedance you can have with the cab is 16 or 4 ohm. Without disconnecting 2 of the speakers you can not attain 8ohm however you wire it.[/quote]

:) You're right! For some strange reason I was thinking if they was wired Parallel in pairs (to make 8 ohm) and then put into series that the cab would still be 8 ohm.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1037203' date='Nov 26 2010, 12:29 AM']Might worth checking of the amp actually outputs at 4ohm.
I've had guitar amps that have output 2x8ohm lol the ashdown superfly head.[/quote]
Not quite sure what you're saying here - do you think that each channel of the Superfly doesn't run into a load lower than 8 ohms? The Superfly puts out 250W per channel into a 4 ohm load, and about 175Wpc into an 8 ohm load (double those wattages for the Superduperfly). Each channel has a minimum of 4 ohm load.