Why become a member? ×

DeArmond Starfire (black) - SOLD

BigBeatNut

A DeArmond Starfire in black, cream binding.

This is in very good condition, with one quirk. Some previous owner managed to damage the action adjustment screws in the bridge pieces making it hard-to-impossible to adjust with a hex key. This does NOT mean the action is fixed, I've managed to adjust the action perfectly well using a small pair of pliers to grip the screws. It's just less convenient than doing it with a hex key.

It's currently strung with Rotosound flats (medium scale and light guage because of that), which are not doing it any favours. It sounds great strung with with long scale Labella flats, but it's a lottery as to whether a set of those will survive being wound onto the posts. So I'm including a set of D'addario chromes (medium scale, and heavier guage than the Rotos), they might even be on the bass by the time it's sold.

I'm including a softcase in the price which is very functional for protection, but all the zips round the pockets are gone. There's a nicer softcase that fits fine (actually a RockBag made for a Thunderbird) which is fully functional in both the protection and pockets department, which you could have for another £20. However this is also being offered in [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=112064"]another listing[/url] so it's first come, first served.

I'm pitching this at £280, softcase included, but not postage. I would REALLY prefer to arrange a mutually agreed pickup point rather than put this in the post.

Main reason I'm disposing of this ? It's not seeing much use, partly because it's 4 string, partly because I'm not playing any music that calls for it. Plus I have a new fretless coming in and therefore a girlfriend to placate :)

Cheers, Andy

Edited by BigBeatNut

[quote name='joegarcia' post='1033394' date='Nov 22 2010, 11:36 PM']Good grief. Been after one of these for a while. Interested in trades at all?[/quote]
Almost certainly not, I'm trying to get the numbers down (and fund the incoming bass if I can).

However, there's no harm in telling me what you have in mind ... there's a remote chance I'll say yes.

[b]{EDIT}[/b] Actually, I might be interested in trades including pedals/effects rather than basses ...

Andy

Edited by BigBeatNut

[quote name='spinynorman' post='1033859' date='Nov 23 2010, 01:40 PM']What a lovely bass. And Starfire owners everywhere will hate you for selling it so cheap. :)[/quote]
Mmm ... from the speedy sale I thought I might have pitched it too low .. I did my price research on eBay first though, so it can't be that far off market value.

Note on trades: I would prefer cash, not trade. I want to fund the bass I've just bought.

The chances of you having a bass I want to trade for are near to nil. I want to reduce the collection.

My interest in pedals is pretty limited. A compressor might do it, provided it offers lots of control (forget two-knob ones). Also tone shapers such as MXR graphic EQ, or pedals that offer a slightly valvey warm-up, such as DHA VT1. A bass POD X3 would go down nicely as would a nicely gloopy envelope filter. Not interested in choruses, delays, distortions, flangers. phasers ... you get the picture.

Please don't be offended if I say no thanks :)

Andy

• 3 weeks later...