Why become a member? ×

Spectrum Guitar Finishes

alexisonfire

Hi All,

I'm after your usual good advice.

I'm thinking of having my P bass refined after trying to 'relic' is like an absolute d***k head a couple of months ago.

I originally went to Manchester Guitar Tech but he's booked up until into next year. He recomended Spectrum Guitar Finishes.

I have received a quote of (including fitting of Seymour Duncan SPB-3) :

To: completely strip old finish back to bare wood. £35.00
To: remove neck & all parts, wire in new pickup, refit parts etc. & carry out set up. £50.00
To: prepare & lacquer in 'Vintage White' nitro cellulose, flat & polish etc. £220.00

Other comments they have noted are:
We are a U.K. company that has recently relocated to Spain.
We would arrange courier collection from you, this costs £24.00
We would courier back to you using Fedex FREE OF CHARGE.
Turn round time is 4 weeks (because of the cellulose) from the time we receive it.

I would really appreciate your opinions on this one as I have never had such work done to my guitars.

Thanks guys!

[quote name='alexisonfire' post='1033076' date='Nov 22 2010, 07:16 PM']Hi All,

I'm after your usual good advice.

I'm thinking of having my P bass refined after trying to 'relic' is like an absolute d***k head a couple of months ago.

I originally went to Manchester Guitar Tech but he's booked up until into next year. He recomended Spectrum Guitar Finishes.

I have received a quote of (including fitting of Seymour Duncan SPB-3) :

To: completely strip old finish back to bare wood. £35.00
To: remove neck & all parts, wire in new pickup, refit parts etc. & carry out set up. £50.00
To: prepare & lacquer in 'Vintage White' nitro cellulose, flat & polish etc. £220.00

Other comments they have noted are:
We are a U.K. company that has recently relocated to Spain.
We would arrange courier collection from you, this costs £24.00
We would courier back to you using Fedex FREE OF CHARGE.
Turn round time is 4 weeks (because of the cellulose) from the time we receive it.

I would really appreciate your opinions on this one as I have never had such work done to my guitars.

Thanks guys![/quote]

Ebay it .........theres always another Di*KHeAD wanting a reliced P........and with the proceeds buy a better one here at a sensible price...Just an Idea :)
Theres a couple of guys in Newcastle that do real good refins I will get you a number.....or if you fancy sending it to London theres Martin Clarke..HES THE NUTZZ

From this..............................................to this...or vice versa..pretty EH

Edited by tino

[quote name='tino' post='1033087' date='Nov 22 2010, 07:27 PM']Theres a couple of guys in Newcastle that do real good refins I will get you a number.....or if you fancy sending it to London theres Martin Clarke..HES THE NUTZZ[/quote]

Martin uses Spectrum Guitar Finishes.

For another option, try Bowfinishing - [url="http://bowfinishing.co.uk/page5.htm"]http://bowfinishing.co.uk/page5.htm[/url] - OK, the website may not look the best but their work is flawless.

Edited by EBS_freak

• 1 year later...