Why become a member? ×

BFM Jack 12 build

Big Mick

[quote name='steve' post='1077910' date='Jan 4 2011, 09:23 PM']looking good Mick, what head are you going to be using it with?[/quote]

Hiya Steve, got a Laney RB9 for £100, it'll do until I can afford something fancier. It might even do for a while, it sounded just fine when played though a Barefaced Midget 1x12.
See you this weekend then mate! You bringing the ACG?

Cheers, Mick. :)

[quote name='Big Mick' post='1077928' date='Jan 4 2011, 09:32 PM']Hiya Steve, got a Laney RB9 for £100, it'll do until I can afford something fancier. It might even do for a while, it sounded just fine when played though a Barefaced Midget 1x12.[/quote]

Cool, are you going to be taking the new rig to the jam nights?

[quote name='Big Mick' post='1077928' date='Jan 4 2011, 09:32 PM']See you this weekend then mate! You bringing the ACG?

Cheers, Mick. :)[/quote]

yeah mate, I'll have the ACG with me, see you friday

• 1 year later...

It's been a while and the reason I haven't posted any pics of the cab in it's finished state is....because it's still not finished!! I have been using it at the pub jam night for several months now and can report that it is indeed loud enough for that application. Loud enough that we rarely bother to DI it to the house PA, even with 2 guitars and a loud drummer.
It even got pressed into emergency service for a gig when someone's bass cab died. People just can't believe that it's only a 1x12.
My only real issue with it, is that with my amp EQ set flat, the response seems to roll off below A and there does seem to be some distortion. This may be that I haven't done a good enough job in sealing the back panel, or that my amp is not too good at these frequencies. I'm going to try a couple of other amps through it ( LM2 and GK RB700)to see what difference it makes.
I'm just in the process of deciding whether to build a second one or go with a sub to get better low end response. Or maybe a BFM Omni Tallboy full range.

Cheers, Mick. B)