Why become a member? ×

Could do with a bit of advice

Perry

[quote name='Perry' post='117741' date='Jan 10 2008, 12:18 PM']I sold an Ashdown 2X10 Combo MAG on eBay and posted it to Ireland.

It took slightly longer thean expected. I took it to the depot on Saturday, it arrived today (Thursday).

The guy rang me to say that the head section has broken away from the main cab section and obviously it doesn't work.

I rang the courier straight away who tell me it shows on there system that it's not delivered yet.

Anyway, they said that I am insured and they will send me out a claims form as it was insured.

I have refunded the guy in Ireland.

Now I have to wait for the form and proceed with claiming.

Has anyone got advice for me to ensure it goes smoothly.[/quote]

hi perry
The guitarist in our band had a similar experience with a mesa boogie amp head he bought off ebay.
In his case we phoned the courier & got the usual claim form sent out.
after filling it in & sending loads of photos off.

and many, many phone calls

they sent someone to look it over & asked for us to get quotes on repairing the damage.
luckily it wasn't too badly damaged (mostly cosmetic) they did want to take it away for assesment but my mate refused as he didn't think it would come back!!

they paid out eventually & the amp is being used constantly so far so good!

so best advice is keep pestering them as they have a knack of "forgetting" about it.
best of luck
davey

[quote name='daveyord' post='142159' date='Feb 17 2008, 09:53 PM']hi perry
The guitarist in our band had a similar experience with a mesa boogie amp head he bought off ebay.
In his case we phoned the courier & got the usual claim form sent out.
after filling it in & sending loads of photos off.

and many, many phone calls

they sent someone to look it over & asked for us to get quotes on repairing the damage.
luckily it wasn't too badly damaged (mostly cosmetic) they did want to take it away for assesment but my mate refused as he didn't think it would come back!!

they paid out eventually & the amp is being used constantly so far so good!

so best advice is keep pestering them as they have a knack of "forgetting" about it.
best of luck
davey[/quote]

Cheers Davey,

The amp is not working after the accident.

I will chase them up today.

Thanks again
Perry

[quote name='Hamster' post='142148' date='Feb 17 2008, 09:34 PM']So if you get paid out, you get the money back and he keeps the amp which is a reasonably easy fix, or has he sent it back to the courier company?

Hamster[/quote]

Still don't know. I am waiting to find out what they want me to do.

[quote name='Perry' post='142382' date='Feb 18 2008, 12:20 PM']Still don't know. I am waiting to find out what they want me to do.[/quote]

Freaky stuff, I got the check through this morning! They did not refund me the postal charges though. I will ring them and ask why.

Perry

[quote name='Perry' post='142859' date='Feb 19 2008, 01:23 AM']Freaky stuff, I got the check through this morning! They did not refund me the postal charges though. I will ring them and ask why.

Perry[/quote]

Hi Perry

Somewhere in the Ts & Cs will be a clause which says something like "postal charges are deemed earned and are not refundable in any circumstances". Same applies to deep sea and airfreight. The only way to get it back is to insure the item seperately.

(Oddly enough in deep sea shipment there is a thing called "General Average" where if the ship is involved in a collision and damaged the ship owner can claim the cost of repairs from the owners of all the cargo on board - imagine if Parcel Farce could do that if their van was in a bump).

Steve