Why become a member? ×

Uni: Final Project audio track

SkinnyMike

Hey all, haven't posted on here for a while as iv been a busy one at uni!

Im in the process of creating an animated video to this audio track but in the meantime id like to hear some fellow bass players thoughts on how the track sounds/mixed etc...
I think iv pretty much got it how I want the track to sound like, maybe a few adjustments hear and there once iv finished the video.

*Update* It's been a few weeks since posting this topic and I have finally finished the video. It's a stop-motion animation that consisted of taking just under 4,000 photos and a bit of green screen footage and compiling it all in Adobe Premier Pro and Adobe After Effects.

Let me know what you think!

Mike

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz52hixmLc4"]Super Thursday - On Time 1080p[/url]

Edited by Mike_SuperThursday

The track sounded pretty good. I'm wondering a bit about the drum overheads. It sounded as if the drummer only had cymbals on one side of the kit? Otherwise i thought it sounded good. I liked the fat snare drum sound and also the way you used the reverb to fill out a bit of the space left over in the recording in terms of sound. Good job.

Thanks for the response guys, I get what you mean about the drums Ed, thats just how they ended up sounding. Literally set up two AKG C414's either side of the kit for the overheads. I just asked my Drummer about the crashes and he said he only used one side for most of the track, which would make sense as to why it sounds so 'one sided'.

As for the bass, I did the mix with my monitors connected to a sub... Maybe thats the cause of it being quite bass heavy, although I haven't had a proper go at mastering it yet. I also should have side chained the kick with the bass...maybe that could make it less bass heavy in parts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...