Why become a member? ×

Welsh bass shop

chilievans

[quote name='mart' post='1026738' date='Nov 17 2010, 11:27 AM'][url="http://www.cardiffguitars.co.uk/"]Cardiff Guitars[/url] is pretty good - they've certainly got a lot of stock given how small the shop is.[/quote]

Good shop, great staff, but the selection of basses (although not the usual stock of Fender and it's cheaper clones) is still fairly limited.

Cranes have just had a lot of stock in which isn't represented on their website. Lot's of squiers, fenders, epi's etc and Hudson, their own brand. Gamlins have a good but limited stock - Cort, Fender, Squier etc. Cardiff guitars only carry second hand basses in the shop but are worth a look depending what you are after. They have inexpensive beginner stuff to vintage Fenders. Simon also knows what he's talking about and is a great guy to deal with.

LC

There hasn't been a music shop in Wales with a decent bass selection since Livewire closed in the 90's.
Jaydee, Status, Alembic, Manson, Pangbourn, Steinberger, Wal & many others - it was the best music shop there has ever been in Wales (if not the UK) IMO.

[quote name='cocco' post='1027332' date='Nov 17 2010, 09:12 PM']Anyone fancy a car pool to bass direct for a butchers? We really need a good bass shop somewhere in South Wales.[/quote]

Do it - you will not be disappointed. Just make sure you take your credit cards too. First time I went I came back with my wonderful Roscoe LG3000!