Why become a member? ×

The EBS Classic 450

EBS_freak

Good to see that Bernie is open for doing deals with basschat members - he is keen to get involved with the internet public but as most people on here will know, he's computer illiterate - although I do know he has been on here a few times.

[quote name='Buzz' post='122196' date='Jan 17 2008, 02:22 PM']From the Features box:

Que?

That makes not alot of sense, unless it just means there's a switch to turn valve emulation on or off, which well...sounds like fishing for features.[/quote]
Probably the swedish-english translation. The only switch (apart from power and the afore mentioned standby) is the character that I had assumed was just a pre-shape.

[quote name='dood' post='122086' date='Jan 17 2008, 11:57 AM']I'd like to find out what the point of the stand-by switch is then... another name for a 'mute' switch eh?

and what of:
450 W RMS @ 2 ohms load
400 W RMS @ 4 ohms load

Not really sure here.. if the load doubles, I would suspect a bigger difference than a mere 50W between loads...[/quote]
Have seen a few amps like this, not just EBS, and my HD350 is 300W into 4 and 350W into 2 so I guess they are doing something very clever with the output stage.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it is not an all valve amp. In fact, it is a 100% Solid State amp, which explain the price.
However, don´t be too dissapointed by that. The amp sounds gorgeous and behave like a tube amp.
I´ve tried it and I assumed it was all valve until I was told it´s not. Unlike previous EBS amps, this one got a dual mid control which is ridiculous useful to shape the sound for a more rock oriented vintage sound. My opinion is it has more of a sound in itself than the other EBS amps and it´s a bit stripped down on features which makes it extremely easy to dial-in but still it has enough controls to shape the sound in just about any direction, so keep an eye of this one! And its on the EBS website now!