Why become a member? ×

I'm in love!

Mickeyboro

Guest TheBigBeefChief

[quote name='steve-soar' post='117443' date='Jan 9 2008, 09:46 PM']You don't post anything about what you like as a bass player, it's all really childish and a bit sad. PM me if you want to talk.
Humour is an art and you seem to loose it when others confront what you say, rather than carry on the gags.
If this is an experiment on your part to get reactions then a bass forum is a bit low key.[/quote]

I don't lose it at all. I never feel any ill feeling to anyone following a post, although I know other members do to me. Several members have openly stated that they want nothing to do with me - tetchy or what??!!

I have nothing but people confronting me, and I think I stay pretty cheery seeing as I'm often called "childish and a bit sad" (not to mention tosser and plenty of others). But, like the great guy I am, I rise above it. I know you love me really. Hence you want me to PM you.

I hate to tell you this, but I'm in a happy relationship right now.

Not to worry - one day your prince will come.

[quote name='TheBigBeefChief' post='117441' date='Jan 9 2008, 09:38 PM']Thanks Dad.

I take it your about to make an equally moronic comment regarding respecting women and innuendos on this thread?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10793&st=20"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10793&st=20[/url]

After all, fair's fair.[/quote]

What point are you trying to get across with the link BBC?

Guest TheBigBeefChief

[quote name='Jase' post='117450' date='Jan 9 2008, 09:57 PM']What point are you trying to get across with the link BBC?[/quote]

Its a whole thread based around smutty inuendo comparing women to basses. eg:

"I had an 82 wife-to-be for a while. It was one of those models made in Portugal but shipped to England for final assembly.

I just couldn't put her down. It just felt so good to give it a good fingering and the sounds that it produced in doing so were amazing. Lots of growl. I experimented with some electronic gizmos inside her too. Made her sound terrific when I really dug in, but it was the buzz that resulted... I found it very annoying.

The action under the hand felt so good and my model was also prone to neck dive... although over the years, those properties seemed to vanish. She also seemed to develop bigger mids and bottom end since I first had her. I could never complain about the tops though.

As time went on however, I think it developed a bit of an earthing problem... it kept giving off this high pitched whine. I could never get to the bottom of that particular problem. Anyway, it got to the stage where it felt more natural to slap it... not that I ever did of course. I don't think the neck could have taken it.

She was obviously getting a lot of use. Even the socket had trouble gripping onto the jack to prevent it falling out.

She went a couple of years ago - I had her setup and I found all the knobs on her body a tad excessive. I prefer a single knob - it's less complicated. She's somebody else's problem now although I have heard on the grapevine that she has now been well played and has begun to relic nicely."

I have no problem with this, but seeing as I was accused of disrespecting women through sexual inuendo, it seems its one rule for the gang and another for w*nkers like me.

Y'see?

Guest TheBigBeefChief

[quote name='ARGH' post='117454' date='Jan 9 2008, 10:03 PM']Jase..was that NOT obvious?[/quote]

No wonder posts are so often misunderstood!

[quote name='TheBigBeefChief' post='117453' date='Jan 9 2008, 10:01 PM']Its a whole thread based around smutty inuendo comparing women to basses. eg:

"I had an 82 wife-to-be for a while. It was one of those models made in Portugal but shipped to England for final assembly.

I just couldn't put her down. It just felt so good to give it a good fingering and the sounds that it produced in doing so were amazing. Lots of growl. I experimented with some electronic gizmos inside her too. Made her sound terrific when I really dug in, but it was the buzz that resulted... I found it very annoying.

The action under the hand felt so good and my model was also prone to neck dive... although over the years, those properties seemed to vanish. She also seemed to develop bigger mids and bottom end since I first had her. I could never complain about the tops though.

As time went on however, I think it developed a bit of an earthing problem... it kept giving off this high pitched whine. I could never get to the bottom of that particular problem. Anyway, it got to the stage where it felt more natural to slap it... not that I ever did of course. I don't think the neck could have taken it.

She was obviously getting a lot of use. Even the socket had trouble gripping onto the jack to prevent it falling out.

She went a couple of years ago - I had her setup and I found all the knobs on her body a tad excessive. I prefer a single knob - it's less complicated. She's somebody else's problem now although I have heard on the grapevine that she has now been well played and has begun to relic nicely."

I have no problem with this, but seeing as I was accused of disrespecting women through sexual inuendo, it seems its one rule for the gang and another for w*nkers like me.

Y'see?[/quote]

OK...I grazed rather quickly over the link....HOWEVER, I went through the same thing, (I used a poor example) years ago on another forum to object to posters calling each other bass "Whores". It was and still is an offensive word to me.

I retract my previous remarks toward you BBC...but please try to be a bit less confrontational....agreed?

Guest TheBigBeefChief

[quote name='jammie17' post='117459' date='Jan 9 2008, 10:09 PM']OK...I grazed rather quickly over the link....HOWEVER, I went through the same thing, (I used a poor example) years ago on another forum to object to posters calling each other bass "Whores". It was and still is an offensive word to me.

I retract my previous remarks toward you BBC...but please try to be a bit less confrontational....agreed?[/quote]

OK.

I just want to be held.

Guest TheBigBeefChief

[quote name='Jase' post='117467' date='Jan 9 2008, 10:13 PM']Yeah it was obvious guys, but there's a difference.....the bass is a piece of wood and Jeff's bass player is a person.[/quote]

But its a piece of wood acting as an anology of an ex girlfriend.

But as I said, I made no inuendos. I paid the girl a compliment. The amount of fuss its caused, you'd think I'd inappropriately named a Teddy.

Guest TheBigBeefChief

[quote name='ARGH' post='117474' date='Jan 9 2008, 10:19 PM'](Hugs TBBC)

Have you had a shower...I have...[/quote]

Yep, and a full body waxing.

Guest TheBigBeefChief

[quote name='ARGH' post='117480' date='Jan 9 2008, 10:23 PM']Oh baby.....I promise to be gentle[/quote]

Please.....don't.

Guest TheBigBeefChief

[quote name='ARGH' post='117490' date='Jan 9 2008, 10:29 PM']Oh ,we can work on that...do you want to take fretless or fretted 5?

Can I call you bitch?[/quote]

Fretted. (I call it "ribbed").

Guest TheBigBeefChief

[quote name='Jase' post='117495' date='Jan 9 2008, 10:36 PM']OK, OK, BBC if that's your idea of a compliment so be it, I'm not here to tell you how to think or act just find it all a little predictable and shallow.[/quote]

You take life very seriously.

That's not a bad thing, but it must be very hard work.